Best Western Claydon Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshungry horsecountry housebest westernsair cona large car parknoisy roomgreat nights sleepsized roomfunction roomfamily get togethercooked freshbed was comfortablehotel is situatedon arrivalbooked this hotelpleasant staybar menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staff are so freindly couldn't fault the food considering the price would stay again. paper was offered on arrival and I was shown around the hotel if I could find a negative it would be the front room/ lounge as the TV is in the wrong place. I preferrer to watch tv on a big screen with a beer but wouldn't see the TV much while proping up the bar :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and I note your comment about the t.v. I will look at alternatives for this and thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Claydon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

'Country House Hotel'...Hmmm...this conjured up visions of wrought iron gates, gravelly drive a house on a hill, sweeping lawns, you know the kind of thing .

I actully drove past this place because it is a small entrance in a row of buildingss slap bang in the middle of a village. I was pleased to find lots of parking at he rear but sweeping lawns etc there are not!

I am reviewing the restaurant only and i entered with some trepidation after the shock of the outside. We were going witha BIG load of friends 50 at least and my heart was sinking I imagined 70's type potato croquettes and dull processed food.

I am happy to say it is not like that at all. The food if not exquisite, was well cooked, very tasty good choice and hot when it was supposed to be, cold when it was supposed to be. I chose roast pork, it was delightful with the best tasting gravy I have had for ages. There were big serving dishes with a good variety of properly cooked vegetables plenty for the biggest appetites. Appropriate sauces for the various raosts and tartare for the fish eaters werre on the table, plus jugs of water. On a table of eight no one complained about anything. .
I had bread and butter pudding, it was perfectly nice but not like the usual, there was no custard and it tasted more of apple than anything else, served with vanilla ice cream it was scrummy but pudding purists might not enjoy. There are lighter lemony and fruit type puds available.

The staff showed no signs of being put out by having to serve such a large quantity of guests at once, they were helpful and flexible, did not object when one of us changed their mind about their order, It was extrememly good value for money and I would happily go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your event at the hotel, I will pass your comments on to the chef and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We enjoyed it from arrival, wonderful staff, wonderful food. Our room was stunning very large with comfy bed. I had to cancel the break twice due to illness and the front of house staff just rearranged break with no problems. We ordered what we thought was going to be a light meal but received a very filling meal prepared to a very high standard and the next nights meal was even more filling thanks to the sticky toffee pudding. We will be returning soon I am sure. Thanks to everyone at the hotel, Gilly and Hazel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BWClaydonHotel, General Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you for your review, I am pleased we came up to your expectations of the BEST WESTERN brand and hope that you will use our facilities again should you be in the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My boyfriend and I booked in for one night after a friend's wedding, unbeknownst to me he had booked the larger double room with the canopy bed (in the photos) and I can attest that this room is HUGE.

The bed was comfortable and spacious, the bathroom clean and well decorated and if I'd have been staying for more than one night, offered plenty of room to relax and 'spread out'. The cooked breakfast was good and cooked to order; the staff were polite and friendly, even when we arrived late in the evening post-wedding.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Claydon Country House and now have absolute faith in the Best Western brand - it provides real value for money with decent, individual hotels, which I'd prefer to the blandness (and utter expense) of Premier Inn etc

Room Tip: I would recommend the deluxe canopy double room - No 201 I think it was...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BWClaydonHotel, General Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014