“Does what it says on the tin.”

Premier Inn Ipswich North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claydon
London, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin.”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Wanted a cheap weekend away, without using a £100 pn b&b , got the £59 for 2 nights .

Arrived around 8 pm , check in was quick and they arranged dinner in the restaurant ( as per usual pi are usually in the middle of nowhere ) . Meal was fine £14 for 1 adult 1 child .

Room was spotless lovely comfortable bed , tea and coffee plus tv with free view ( old style big box tv though ) the only complaint was the shower was pants def not a power shower which was disappointing but other than that no complaints.

Breakfast was fine , full cooked breakfast was £8 plus children under 16 were free . Kitchen was a bit slow but might be due to sheer numbers at the weekend as it was pretty full.

I find premier inn a bit nicer than travel lodge so when you can get a £29 room it's def worth splashing out.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We booked the Premier Inn at Ipswich Niorth in order to be close to my daughter home for my Grandson's Christening the following morning.
We arrived at the hotel at about 8.45 pm, a little later than anticipated due to the fact that we were unavoidably delayed in out departure from home. We were due to meet up with other family members at the hotel for dinner that they kept the receptionist informed that we were on our way. On arrival we were very warmly welcomed by the lady (I wish I knew her name). She was very friendly and efficient and booked us in for dinner and breakfast (we had the exceptional value meal deal). The dinner was excellent and served by a very friendly young trainee (again I cannot rember her name).
Our room on the ground floor was of the very high standard we have come to expect from Premier and the only downsides were a slight smell something like drains in the bathroom and a very black mark around the water level in the toilet. I do not know what the cause of this would be as the rest of the toilet and indeed the bathroom were spotless. Also the people in the room above us seemed to want to try out their hobnail boots at about 2.15 in the morning. Pwehaps they were en route to a mountaineering expedition.
The breakfast was superb and was served very early thus enabling us to get to nearby Stowmarket in plenty of time for our 9 a.m. meeting time.
All in all the stay was very enjoyable and we were sorry we had to leave so early. Never mind, we will have no hesitation in choosing Premier for out next short stay as it seems to beat all competitors hands down.
Thank you to all the staff for their help.
Janet and Mike Eden

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of equal standard and no problem as there is a lift in this particular Premier...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My Husband and I stayed at this Premier Inn for a weekend break for two nights.It was our wedding Anniversary and wanted to stay somewhere not too far from home as we have young children and it seemed to be in a good location for the places we wanted to visit. I also got such a geat deal for booking in advance, two nights for £62! Amazing! After reading other exellent reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel I thought it seemed a good choice and it certainly was. From the moment we checked in late on the Friday evening we couldn't fault anything about this hotel at all. The lovely lady who greeted us on reception was really attentive and helpful even printing out local attraction information for us. We had pre booked a table in the restaurant but had arrived quite a bit later,but this was no problem at all the receptionist reassured us. The food and service in the hotel bar and restaurant were brilliant also. We went for the meal deal for £22 which included a 3 course meal(applies to selected items on the menu),a drink and Premier breakfast. I thought this was a bit too good to be true to be honest and wasn't expecting too much but was so surprised at the quality of the meal for such a relatively cheap price! The portions were generous and my steak, cooked rare, was delicious.The waitress was lovely and looked after us very well. The real winner for me, and hubby! was the all you can eat breakfast. It really was first class and again the breakfast staff were so polite and attentive. The selection was huge and the cooked breakfast hit the spot perfectly so much so we couldn't even squeeze in lunch when we visited Sutton Hoo on the Saturday(I would highly recommend a visit here too, the cafe menu superb and the guided tour with Mark a must!) Back at the hotel our room was spotlessly clean and modern and just what you would expect . The shower was brilliant and hot. My one and only teeny weeny niggle here was the close location to the roadside with noise from the road being quite apparant at night time.But hey these types of hotels need to be by the roadside don't they, so didn't bother us as it was a brilliant location for accessing Suffolk's attractions. If you think it will bother you I would say just ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. We visited our favourite Southwold and Aldeborough and can highly recommend a brilliant restaurant in Aldebourough where we very much enjoyed a fish supper with all the trimmings . The restaurant , 'Regatta' is located on the main high street in Aldeborough and I would say you should probably book as we manged to bag the very last table on a Saturday evening around 6.30pm. Overall I would very highly recommend this Premier Inn Ipswich North hotel. It is in an ideal location for exploring Suffolk and the many attractions. But more importantly the staff make this place,it is the best Premier Inn my Husband and I have ever stayed in to date and we have stayed in a fair few for pleasure aswel as business purposes. This hotel puts a great deal of other hotels and the other well known hotel chains to shame. I really hope the lovely professional staff here are appreciated and praised by management and the like.Keep up the very good work and thank you to all the staff for a really wonderful weekend!!

Room Tip: if you think road noise may bother you, ask for a room located on the other side of the hotel.
england
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel and I must say from the check-in at reception to the excellent breakfast, it was a most enjoyable experience. For a 'budget' hotel this would put many a three star to shame. Well done Premier Inns.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Premiere Inn from 11th - 14th September 2011 as a base for a little trip to the beautiful Suffolk coast and thought we had brilliant value for money. The room was excellent but the bathroom slightly let in down. Very clean but needs refurbishing. The staff are all excellent and the best bit of all was the lovely breakfast...well worth the money. Think the times were a tad on the early side though---6.30 till 9. Would recommend this hotel.

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at this Premiere Inn in Sept, and check in was very good, room the normal high standard of a Premiere Inn, I have to say, the breakfast service is not great, a wait for a table then there was a constant running out of mugs, spoons etc, quite a wait for a cooked breakfast,a little more attention to breakfast service certainly needed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mamaboo_10
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Nice quiet location, dinner was good, but for a relaxing stay breakfast too early, geared to the business community.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claydon
Best Western Claydon Hotel
Novotel Ipswich
Novotel Ipswich
#4 of 18 in Ipswich
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Ipswich North Hotel? Share your experiences!