“Hotel is nice but restaurant disappointed ”
Review of Baltvilla Hotel

Baltvilla Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baltezers
“Hotel is nice but restaurant disappointed ”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Wanted to write review about restaurant of Hotel but as it is impossible (no restaurant in Baltezers in TripAdvisor) - have to write in Hotel review.
Actually I recommend always for my friends who look for place outside Riga this place for lot of reasons - close to road, free parking, close to lake, lot of pine trees, good service of Hotel. Never heard that any of my fried would be disappointed.
Unfortunately - my experience with restaurant disappointed.
We had family dinner as I had previous good experience with restaurant here. But ... son has dish of pasta which had not good smell and taste, waitress just came and took after longer time plate and gone. Without any question - what happens (as dish seems that almost nobody eat it). And of course it was in bill at the end.
We waited long time for salads but as nobody came we asked waitress to deny this dish. She looked surprised and yes she said sorry abot but as we are not the only guests.
Restaurant of this place isn't cheap but service there unfortunately was.
Happy that husband enjoyed goulash soup but evening for son was lost.

Stayed September 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed one night, and wish we had time for more. The location next to the lake is beautiful. It is quiet even with the nearby road. I'm a light sleeper and had no issues.

The room was large and clean and with doors that open to the outside. Bed was comfortable and so were pillows.

Most of the staff spoke excellent English. It helps to understand Russian. All of the staff was helpful and accommodating.

As to the food....

Breakfast was well stocked though when we were there, there were many unsupervised kids. The staff were quick in clearing dishes though not always in getting food restocked. Though, again, there was plenty of food.

As to the evening mean on the deck, both our meals were fantastic. I would rank it as world class. Really. I will attach a photo with this review. The beer was great and, once again, the staff was excellent and hard working.

I would say this is an exceptionally run hotel based on how well trained and selected were the employees.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: People probably want the water view, but that is right above the outdoor deck. We had a side room h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Riga, Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed in this Hotel for 3 times. It has very great location outside the Riga city noise, however, its very close to Riga city (~ 10 minutes by car). Next to the Hotel is beautiful lake Baltezers with breathtaking sunset every evening. The quality is in really high level here. Highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for one night. I can't say much about hotel itself as I don't travel a lot. I think it was good and I have nothing to complain about except one thing which was somewhat my own mistake as I forgot my mp3 player in the room and checked out.
After returning back home from hotel (with no stops) I couldn't find my player in my luggage nor anywhere else, therefore I'm pretty sure I've left it in the hotel room as I was listening to it before sleeping. Unfortunately when I called Baltvilla two days later to find out if they've found it, I was told that they did not...
I'm not saying you won't enjoy your time spent in Baltvilla but I wouldn’t recommend leaving your personal stuff there before checking out.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Location 15 km outside of Riga is great if you are travelling by car. We were going to Jurmala beach for a day and wanted only to visit downtown Riga for a couple of hours so this was great. Hotel is clean and rooms are quite spacious and new. We experienced good service as we needed a couple of extra thing with our 1-year old. The Baltezers area is quite nice, we had a opportunity to drive it around. The hotel is located on the beach of a lake. Breakfast was minimalistic but decent to have in a morning or two, not more. Value for money, very positive experience as we didn't expect very much.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Before I start, let me point out couple of facts: it is not your typical center hotel, it is reasonably far from city center, but then on the other hand, you will never have a problem with parking. There's no much of buzz around it, but then if it's a summer time, lake is just 100m away from it, with possibilities of skijet's or water skiing or overall relaxing surrounding. We didn't manage to go to b'fast in the morning, then however upon check out they offered a complimentary cup of coffee and some croisants which we found excellent. Room we had was big, very clean, discreet, with nice furniture.
As somene mentioned before, if you're looking for city buzz, stay elswere, if you're looking for peace and quiet, a place for you.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peterisg
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I joined motorbike trip,organized by travel agency, route Sweden-Poland-Lithuania-Latvia- Estonia-Sweden.

Very nice place to stay! Location of hotel is far away from the old town and so on. Txai, arranged by hotel, took us to the central-turistik part of Riga. Very interesting. We arranged with the same taxi driver return trip and were very happy with our trip. Our group had evening meal, we were late. Big surprise, the restaurant save our dinner and as soon we came into restaurant we were directed to a table and were served dinner. Bravo to personnel and maybe also our guide.

The location is close to woods and see, some were swimming. Room were also nice and well equipped. Recommended for families with kids. For those who must have nightlife, choose another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krzysztof F F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltezers
Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA
#73 of 109 in Riga
Hotel Bergs
Hotel Bergs
#3 of 109 in Riga

Been to Baltvilla Hotel? Share your experiences!