“The restaurant you serve yourself”

Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kesgrave
Price range: US$28 - US$36
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our bistro restaurant has everything you would expect, inventive food alongside classics such as the delightful fish and chips, a buzzing but relaxed atmosphere and wonderful service from a friendly and professional team. Although you cannot book at Kesgrave it is open all day! so you can arrive when you choose.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Found the place in a beautiful location with the friendly staff. Strange for the class of restaurant you take your own order to the desk but spend up the service. The good was beautiful but bit on the expensive side, but you soon forget this with the surroundings and service.

1  Thank Kpb101

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I did not stay in the hotel so I cannot comment on the rooms but from what I could see the service, food and cleanliness were excellent! The starter of haddock, egg, mashed potato and mustard was amazing and could have been a main itself but the steak blew me away! Definitely one of the top 5 steaks I've ever had (and I love my steak!)
Would definitely come back, for a walk in table we were served well by the staff and I noticed that the tables outside even had a portable heater so the customers wouldn't get cold. Those small details really make a restaurant stand out!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This place is an ideal spot for a leisurely lunch but last Sunday Milsoms took 'leisurely' to a new level. Well over an hour to get food out to hungry diners with no mention that we should expect this kind of delay is unacceptable. The food once it arrived was good BUT there were missing items and the difference in price and portion size across the board is inconsistent. Roasts were good but not outstanding, as were fish and chips. The duck main course looked starter sized and was more expensive than the roasts! Come one Milsoms, up your game and make me want to come back. As it is I'd recommend getting there early before the rush or make sure you've eaten a large breakfast as you'll have a long wait for lunch! If you can put up with this then go - take provisions for hungry kids and you'll be fine!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our friends love this place so on this occasion arrived at 6.30 and found it nearly empty. This was the first time we have ever gone straight to table.
This is one of the most infuriating establishments ever.
Beautiful location.
Inconsistent food.
You cannot book and often the wait is just too long for a table. I believe there is an unofficial system if you "are in the know" of phoning and getting on the list ahead of the peasants. Tried it once and it did not work. We still arrived at 7.30 and sat down at 9.30 - last orders, so were rushed to eat.
You cannot order onion rings with a cheeseburger; but you can with sausages. What is the logic in that.
It is successful as many of us peasants are prepared to be put upon by the feudal stakeholders in society. But why?
My plaice fillets were minute and undercooked. The mussels were good.
Friend's cheeseburger was very over cooked and exceedingly dry. Not allowed onion rings.
Mrs T's pork escalope was very good as was the lamb.
The service was good but then it is not far off self service.
Don't rush unless you like a lottery of food quality or like hanging around for hours to get a table.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great food choice and will suit most folk - service by the girls was excellent. No need to look for food elsewhere just eat.........