“Beautiful setting”

Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kesgrave
Price range: US$28 - US$36
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our bistro restaurant has everything you would expect, inventive food alongside classics such as the delightful fish and chips, a buzzing but relaxed atmosphere and wonderful service from a friendly and professional team. Although you cannot book at Kesgrave it is open all day! so you can arrive when you choose.
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to Milsoms a few times and it always has good service and good food. Most recently we went to celebrate a birthday and the menu had changed from our previous visit but there was still a huge amount of choice. It is lovely to sit outside overlooking the grounds but it can get busy and you are not able to make a reservation. So get there early on a sunny day!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our second visit in a matter of weeks and both times we were very lucky in getting a table immediately, the food was very good on both occasions. We do find that sometimes sitting next to the kitchen can be very off putting with the 'shouting' coming from the staff within.
The waiting staff are excellent and the location is superb.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Found the place in a beautiful location with the friendly staff. Strange for the class of restaurant you take your own order to the desk but spend up the service. The good was beautiful but bit on the expensive side, but you soon forget this with the surroundings and service.

1  Thank Kpb101
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I did not stay in the hotel so I cannot comment on the rooms but from what I could see the service, food and cleanliness were excellent! The starter of haddock, egg, mashed potato and mustard was amazing and could have been a main itself but the steak blew me away! Definitely one of the top 5 steaks I've ever had (and I love my steak!)
Would definitely come back, for a walk in table we were served well by the staff and I noticed that the tables outside even had a portable heater so the customers wouldn't get cold. Those small details really make a restaurant stand out!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This place is an ideal spot for a leisurely lunch but last Sunday Milsoms took 'leisurely' to a new level. Well over an hour to get food out to hungry diners with no mention that we should expect this kind of delay is unacceptable. The food once it arrived was good BUT there were missing items and the difference in price and portion size across the board is inconsistent. Roasts were good but not outstanding, as were fish and chips. The duck main course looked starter sized and was more expensive than the roasts! Come one Milsoms, up your game and make me want to come back. As it is I'd recommend getting there early before the rush or make sure you've eaten a large breakfast as you'll have a long wait for lunch! If you can put up with this then go - take provisions for hungry kids and you'll be fine!