We have stayed here a few times over the past year or two. Since staying in a couple of different rooms we now always pre book the same room if it's available at time of booking as it's the quietest room and that is the most important factor when booking any hotel room in the world and if it's not available then we book to stay elsewhere!! So anyway I made our reservation a few weeks in advance and the room we wanted was indeed available! We arrived to check in just after noon and they said our room wasn't quite ready so we waited in the lounge which was freezing cold it was bank holiday Monday and temperature outside was cool and heavy rain! I told the receptionist and she tried to turn the radiator on next to us but it didn't come on and it was obvious they heating was off! Anyway after about 45 mins or so she came to get us and told us our room number 18 was ready! I said we did not book room number 18 we had booked room number 19?! She said that too. Wasn't quite ready yet and so they had upgraded us to a bigger room! Anyway we went to look at it but decided not to take it as the room next floors for was right next to ours and we would hear it loudly when the neighbour gets up to leave the room, plus the wall of this room on the outside was a kids play area where they have a goal post and kids sometimes kick a ball around and indeed against that very wall as we had experienced once before when given the smaller adjoining room on a previous visit! So anyway we said we would rather wait for the room we had booked to be ready and would have our lunch first that we had booked in their restaurant! She said that was fine and that our room would be ready by then!!! So anyway after having lunch with my family we went back to reception where the manager proceeded to tell us that in fact we couldn't stay in room 19 that we had booked because the shower tray was cracked! Anyway I said why couldn't we sleep in that room anyway as we know it's quiet and use the shower in the room next dodo that they had offered us to stay in? He said they couldn't do that as he didn't want the plumber to disrupt us the next day?! Anyway we would gave preferred to do that than stay in a room that we could potentially have an issue with noise/being woken up too early! I'm sure that the plumber could have come after we were up and gone out for the day?! Anyway I really don't believe there was a cracked shower at all and that most likely they had another more regular guest that had requested to stay in that room at the same time as us and decided to hive it to them as maybe they were going to stay fir more than 3 nights that we had booked for! I mean why couldn't the receptionist have told us before we spent money having lunch in their restaurant when she took us to the other room that sorry 19 is not available now instead of telling us that it would be ready after our lunch?!! We decided to leave and came back to London! And therefore cancelled our meal we had also booked at Milsoms Le Talbooth restaurant for our wedding Anniversary with my parents! We visit Ipswich several times a year to visit family but will not go back go this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note we do not reply to any comments posted. Please contact us directly if you wish to discuss your experience further. A superb joint venture between Milsom Hotels and Hills Group.The bistro restaurant has everything you would expect, inventive food alongside classics such as the delightful fish and chips, a buzzing but relaxed atmosphere and wonderful service from a friendly and professional team. Although you cannot book at Kesgrave Hall it is open all day! So you can arrive when you choose.The 'stay' part of eat, drink, stay (our milsoms mantra!) Could not be any more enjoyable. The Principal suites, whilst lavish and grand, are competitively priced and all bedrooms are beautifully designed and fully equipped with the very latest TVs and MP3 players. The bathroom products are lovely too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Milsoms Kesgrave Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milsom`s Kesgrave Hall Hotel Kesgrave
- Milsoms Hotel Kesgrave
- Milsoms Kesgrave Hall Ipswich