“Stylish, comfortable and special.....”

and 1 more site!
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kesgrave
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my wife after a days business nearby. My first impressions were very good, as the hotel has a nice private driveway leading to a grand looking building. The reception was stylish and well attended, however the highly polished wooden table had had a day of coffee cups and glasses being rested upon it and was sticky and not very appealing. Having said that, this is the only minor fault! The rest of the stay was perfect from the time we arrived in our room and found the complmentary bottle of champagne (thanks Mr and Mrs Smith) through to the dining experience. The food was superb and you ordered by filling out your order on a notepad and passing to any of the waiting team. The bed was super large and comfy and in the morning after a leisurely start we went down for breakfast, which was again superb. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 July 2010

Recently stayed at Kesgrave Hall for my husbands 40th Birthday with friends.. we also had the private dining room "The Mess" booked for a dinner party and most of our friends had also booked rooms at the hotel... The attention to detail was fantastic.. the staff couldnt have been more helpful even when we took over the outside bar for drinks - nothing was too much trouble.. The rooms were spotlessly clean and our principal room was just amazing!

The 3 course menu we had at dinner was fantastic.. there were 24 of us dining there.. and each course was beautifully presented as well as being cooked to our liking.. the staff were very efficient in bring out 24 meals all at the same time.. so no one was left waiting..

Breakfast also the next morning was tasty and all food seemed to be locally sourced.. we couldnt have had a better weekend with the weather, the fantastic hotel and staff which made it a weekend to remember.. I shall certainly be returning as will our friends.. Highly recommended..!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Booked one night at Kesgrave Hall & couldnt have been more satisfied. OK, so I plumped for a luxury room. the consequence of this was the bathroom was bigger than most hotel bedrooms, and the bed bigger than most bathrooms!
Dinner was delicious, wine good and staff attentive and, although there was a wedding reception taking place below our window, for some reason I had no trouble sleeping. To top it all, eggs benedict for breakfast was perfect!! A great stay and would certainly choose again.
(One tip for Les Milsoms...decor SO like Milsoms in Dedham and maybe already getting a little dated, not tired, just dated. Keep it simple)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Good food and staff who helped you feel most welcome. The Hall is set in it's own "country-style estate" but it is within easy reach of main transport routes. The rooms are contemporary in style with up to date meeting facilities. Everything is set in comfortable surroundings helping you feel relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We stayed for a 3 day break over Christmas in a separate building to the main hotel. This 'premier' room was huge and very comfortable but had no view whatsoever ! Disappointing given the 'Christmas Card' surroundings . Food was good and Christmas Day Dinner had a very good atmosphere. However,on Boxing Day the 'buffet' in the evening had been wolfed down by a party of 10 and the platters were empty. After 15mins or so a plate of mini Yorkshire puddings with sausages appeared and that was that as far as the 'buffet' went. This was the only glitch with the food or service as Anne was not on duty that evening! Beds were extremely comfortable if even as mentioned in another review they have plastic mattress covers.! This is a very peaceful ,relaxing location and worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

A truly excellent hotel for a small scale business conference; the hotel is quiet and beautifully decorated; the rooms are excellent - large, comfortable and well equipped (and for a business trip it doesn't matter that many look out onto a car park or the back of the hotel); the staff are excellent; the facilities are good; the public rooms are comfortable; and the food very good.

The one irritation is a silly system whereby you are expected to write your food orders down on paper yourselves - why can't the waiting staff do this.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I travel quite a lot and sleep at least twice a week in hotels. I am used to De Vere, Hilton, etc.... I have to say that the Kesgrave Hall is great value for money. It is different.....! The hotel staff is clearly not used the hotel industry...but this makes it charming...! I wanted to make myself some coffee in the room and I realised that the kettle was very dirty....I phoned and asked for a replacement one....the girl at reception wasn't expecting an enquiry like this...she told me she didn't have any other ones..... instead,she organised real coffee for me....what could have been a lack of good service became great service....! I like the coffee mugs to take away at reception....luxury is in details! Please let me know you have rewards programs....and I will come back a lot!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kesgrave
Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Wentworth Hotel
Wentworth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to Milsoms Kesgrave Hall? Share your experiences!