This hotel is in a lovely peaceful setting surrounded by woodland. It is an old building that has been a hunting lodge and school amongst others and the designers have maintained the country house feel but added some cool modern touches, not unlike Hotel du Vin's style. We were visiting family so did not try the catering. We were intending to stay in a B&B but we booked late and it was a Bank Holiday so nothing available. This hotel costs considerably more than local 4 star B&Bs and prices exclude breakfast. We had a standard room (No. 3), which was small but attractive and very clean. The bed was only a double but good quality sheets and comfortable, and the bath was smallish but good plumbing. We had a pleasant view of the front lawn but unfortunately were above the bar, which shuts at 11.30 on weekends. A bit of sociable murmuring from below would not have been a problem, but unfortunately there was a wedding party who were at the full-on raucous phase when we tried to go to sleep. The bar did shut on time and the screeching stopped at 11.45!
The staff were all very friendly and professional and definitely not local teenagers (see other reviews!). We would certainly stay again, but maybe ask for rooms in one of the two annexes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note we do not reply to any comments posted. Please contact us directly if you wish to discuss your experience further. A superb joint venture between Milsom Hotels and Hills Group.The bistro restaurant has everything you would expect, inventive food alongside classics such as the delightful fish and chips, a buzzing but relaxed atmosphere and wonderful service from a friendly and professional team. Although you cannot book at Kesgrave Hall it is open all day! So you can arrive when you choose.The 'stay' part of eat, drink, stay (our milsoms mantra!) Could not be any more enjoyable. The Principal suites, whilst lavish and grand, are competitively priced and all bedrooms are beautifully designed and fully equipped with the very latest TVs and MP3 players. The bathroom products are lovely too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Milsoms Kesgrave Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milsom`s Kesgrave Hall Hotel Kesgrave
- Milsoms Hotel Kesgrave
- Milsoms Kesgrave Hall Ipswich