We stayed here for three nights the weekend before last which was the beginning of the school Easter holiday break..... What a fabulous hotel and area! Our room was very comfortable, Queen size bed, small sitting room and fabulous bathroom... clean towels each day, plenty of hot water. Didn't have much of a view (our room was called Common Lane), but to be honest, it didn't matter... we were out enjoying the beautiful countryside and sunshine and came back for a small rest before going out to dine. We ate twice at the hotel, both meals were superb, and the staff were very helpful and apologetic when the potatoes were missing from my dish. That, if I could call it a complaint, would be the only thing. They are happy to let you have another serving of say bacon if you don't like baked beans, at breakfast, which was also superb. The bar area is quaint, and the ceiling gets lower and lower the further down the rooms you go; but it's character! Those over 6' would need to stoop but who cares! You are sitting down to eat!
The surrounding countryside is just breathtaking; we noticed how few cars and people there were about, and how the locals kept their properties and gardens looking spectacular. There are some fabulous walks to do with pub stops en route too... what else could one ask for? A short walk into Bourton on Water where we spent a pleasant afternoon.
All in all a fabulous stay and would definitely go back. If only people could focus on the good points instead of picking on minor things... I have stayed in some really good and bad hotels, but this one definitely gets the thumbs up and I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of one of the most picturesque Cotswold villages, The Slaughters Country Inn offers the authentic charm of a traditional village inn; exceptional food made with the best local produce, a fine selection of local ales, roaring log fires to warm the winter months and a stunning terrace for when the sun shines. The Slaughters Country Inn is the perfect location for a country break where wellies, walks and unwinding are the order of the day. The friendly and relaxed bar welcomes guests with sofas, rustic touches and shelves lined with books and board games and the Inn’s 25 guestrooms and six charming cottages are all designed to reflect the property’s unique character, blending the traditional features of the oldest part of the house with contemporary design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter