We stopped here for one night in Southlawn which was in the new block away from the main building. The room is obviously designed for the disabled using a wheelchair although the emergency cord in the main bathroom above the toilet was only 2 cm long hanging from the ceiling. I did point this out to the receptionist who told me that the hotel was aware and was waiting for a new one to be delivered! Our bedroom was large and had two comfy chairs and in addition to the main bathroom there was a wet room complete with an appropriate chair.
We had pre-booked our evening meal in the restaurant but were disappointed with the rather limited menu. The sign at the hotel entrance said 'comfort food' but apart from battered fish and chips, this was not evident. My wife requested that she have her fish grilled was was done without any fish but tasted quite underdone. I had the battered fish and chips as I was told that the Chargrilled, 8oz flat flat iron steak only came medium rare and as I wanted it medium chef would not cook it! The Beer battered fish 'n' chips with lemon tartar sauce and crushed peas was nothing to write home about. Neither was my Spitting Spider Chardonnay at a costly£19.50. The breakfast the following morning was fine. I enjoyed my Sausage, Bacon and Poached Egg. We were a bit puzzled that there was a table for two between the fruit juices and the cold table. We declined to sit there and could see that the eventual occupants were uncomfortable with guests in close proximity on both sides of their table. There was no problem checking out and our account was correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of one of the most picturesque Cotswold villages, The Slaughters Country Inn offers the authentic charm of a traditional village inn; exceptional food made with the best local produce, a fine selection of local ales, roaring log fires to warm the winter months and a stunning terrace for when the sun shines. The Slaughters Country Inn is the perfect location for a country break where wellies, walks and unwinding are the order of the day. The friendly and relaxed bar welcomes guests with sofas, rustic touches and shelves lined with books and board games and the Inn’s 25 guestrooms and six charming cottages are all designed to reflect the property’s unique character, blending the traditional features of the oldest part of the house with contemporary design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter