My wife and I joined another couple for a weekend break. We stayed in the Coach House and the rooms were excellent. There were one or two minor hiccups over service but these were easily over looked because of the extremely friendly and charming staff who really added to our enjoyment, The restaurant was busy both nights so there was a good atmosphere and the food was delicious. Our friends' view was that it was far superior to the Lords of The Manor where they had stayed a fortnight previously. We had one afternoon tea which was also of good quality.
Lower Slaughter itself is a charming village and you are a short trip from Stow, Daylesford and other distractions.
My only reservation is the price which in my opinion is about 20% over the top. I know the Costwolds is a special market but, by way of example only, these prices are comparable to what you would expect to pay in New York or Tokyo for top end accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of England’s prettiest villages, The Slaughters Manor House is a beautiful 17th Century manor house which combines contemporary interiors with country charm, attentive service and one of the most acclaimed restaurants in the Cotswolds. Spring 2016 saw the entire ground floor renovated to restore the character of the building, exposing and emphasising architectural details contrasted with a modern, vibrant interior design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Slaughters Manor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Slaughter Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Lower Manor Slaughter