The Slaughters Manor House
US$350
US$333
Lords of the Manor Hotel(The Slaughters)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$349/night.

Dial House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
US$123
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Free cancellation until 01/06
US$236
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$236
US$182
  • Breakfast included
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$131
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$177
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Fosse Manor Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmanor houseafternoon teatasting menufront lawnl'occitane toiletriesupper slaughterdeluxe roommichelin starwonderful hotelluxury hotelhot tubthe main housespecial occasiondrawing roomold millseparate showersmall portions
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was my fisrt time visiting The Slaughters and will not be my last. I booked for afternoon tea for my Mum's 60th Birthday, and as I have been working in a similar hotel for a number of years I had high expectations. From arrival, with the door being held open for you, to our own private landing area with stunning views over the well kept gardens. The waiter serving our tea seemed nervous but he was very friendly and did a great job. The sandwiches and scones were lovley and a lot of them (doggy bags available!), I personally would have liked a french fancy style cake, but never the less the offering was of a high standard. On leaving, the reception team wished my Mum a happy birthday, and again the door was held open for us. All in all a perfect afternoon. Hope to come back for DBB break.

Room Tip: Skip lunch, lots of food!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The Slaughters Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear jeffbig1966,

Thank you for taking the time to review your afternoon tea with us. The Gallery is one of my favourite areas in the hotel as I love the view over the garden!

Jamie, our chef, and his team are always looking to improve our menus, and so I shall pass your comments on to him regarding the "fancy"!

On behalf of the team, I look forward to welcoming you back for your DBB stay soon!

Abbi

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Whilst driving around the enchanting Cotswold area one lunchtime, we stopped for lunch at Lower Slaughter Manor.
Stepping inside is like entering a time machine which takes you back to a past era.
Met by eloquent and elegant waiters, we were shown to what must have been a drawing room when the Manor was a residence.
Sinking into plush velvet setees, we browsed the lunchtime light menu.
The arrival of beautifully cut sandwiches, accompanied by fresh cress and potato chips was complimented by a glass of crisp dry white wine.
If starched linen serviettes, a log fire,elegance and "Downton" style service is what you are seeking, then look no further than this beautiful country retreat.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear LillianWales,

Thank you for such a lovely review!

We are so pleased to read we made such an impression on you!

Perhaps on your next visit you might like to try our fabulous lunch in the restaurant?

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor in the future,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had booked dinner at this establishment prior to my proposal to my fiance and on the night of our reservation, I was blown away. Suffice to say that not only is this stately manor located in one of the most idyllic and quintessential villages in England, but in addition, we were treated with total personal care and service. Upon our arrival we were greeted, name first (which made our first impression very warm and welcoming) and then ushered into a plush sitting room complete with sumptuous sofas, artwork, character furniture and an open fire - we immediately wanted a duvet! We effectively had the room to ourselves bar another couple and our table was magnificient - complete with luxurious chairs and seated at the window, it most incredibly romantic which befitted the recent proposal perfectly. The calibre of this room was completely decadent - we felt that we were being spolied and a world away from it all. The staff were in a word - excellent. They were so tentative to everything and demonstrated so much knowledge and professionalism without being overbearing - so impressive and friendly.

Food/menu: Where do I start?! We opted for the Table d'Hote. It became very clear, that we were being catered by a complete professional of immense ability (the names Michael Caines/Gordon Ramsay/Angela Hartnett are in this chap's CV). Jamie, it was an absolute pleasure and an experience to have dined at your hands. What an amazing chef - the food was faultess, impeccable, mouth watering, faultless and presentation was photogenic. We had to pinch ourselves. I still have dreams about it! I cannot comment anymore - words fail me. The icing on the cake was his personal introduction to us at the end of the night. Any award this guy receives is thoroughly deserved and undoubtedly there will be more to come.

All in all, a perfect end to a wonderful romantic evening in an idyllic setting. Our many thanks to the management and staff of Lower Slaughter Manor - we hope to see you soon for a potential wedding - my fiance was completely smitten by the whole experience!

Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The Slaughters Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Fergal007,

Thank you for writing such a glowing review of your recent meal with us, and we are delighted that you chose us to celebrate your engagement! Congratulations!

Jamie is very touched by your words - although every chef is proud to win accolades, it is the praise of our diners that mean the most!

We are so pleased you are considering holding your wedding with us, and Nicole, our events manager would be delighted to show you around and discuss your special day.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Following a tricky booking in process ( and a room upgrade) We had a very comfortable stay. Our deluxe room was exactly that.... Very spacious, comfortable bed and fabulous bath. The only thing it lacked was somewhere to make a cup of tea. A glass of water and an apple is not what we wanted first thing in the morning. The food at the restaurant was delicious and the service was impeccable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CSW35

Dear CSW35,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us at the Manor, and I am sorry that you experienced a lapse in service on arrival. It has given me great pleasure, however to read that despite this tricky start, you were well looked after and you had a memorable time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A beautiful spring day inspired us to travel the one hour to Lower Slaughter Manor, a gorgeous Cotswold hotel we have visited before on a couple of occasions. We fancied a simple lunch in one of their sitting rooms in front of a log fire so we turned up on spec and were warmly welcomed at the door. We were ushered into a charming comfortable room and were soon enjoying delicious tagliatelle and a glass of wine. The head waiter, a delightful Polish man, proved to be good company and treated us to little tastes of his own favourite ports and even a strange but delicious cocktail...a green frog!! It turned our simple lunch into a special occasion and we enjoyed a very pleasant couple of hours. This hotel really does know how to treat its guests and we will certainly return soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris F,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us at Lower Slaughter Manor. It was lovely to read how well Slawek looked after you, and I think I will have to sample the "Green Frog" myself!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,