Driving up to the hotel is like entering a film set - this hotel is very beautiful and stately. Our room (Maela) was spacious and smartly designed with an modern Asian flair. It had nice touches, such as the decanter of sherry on a tray, which was complimentary; there was also a dock for ipads on the wall, which was very handy. On the whole, the room and bath were clean, efficient and best of all, pleasing to the eye.
Sadly, the service we received wasn't quite as efficient as we'd have liked. Our waiter was more interested in chatting with the couple at the next table, about croquet rules, than he was about seeing to our order. He apologised to us with a smile, but then went back to the table to finish off his discussion before going inside to to place our order.
The same thing happened at the dinner table: our food would arrive with a great degree of solemnity, and we'd have to ask for our wine to be poured. It could take a few minutes for this to be done, which meant our food got cold during the wait.
As for the food itself, it was delicious, but I didn't like that I had to either choose from a 3 course a la carte menu (no ordering just a salad or just a main - you have to order all 3, at a set price), or a 7 course tasting menu.
We lurched from the table after dinner, feeling far too full and slightly perplexed as to why the hotel wanted to stuff us like a Christmas goose.
In short, I did enjoy our stay, but with (dare I say) reservations about the slowness of service and lack of menu flexibility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of England’s prettiest villages, The Slaughters Manor House is a beautiful 17th Century manor house which combines contemporary interiors with country charm, attentive service and one of the most acclaimed restaurants in the Cotswolds. Spring 2016 saw the entire ground floor renovated to restore the character of the building, exposing and emphasising architectural details contrasted with a modern, vibrant interior design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Slaughters Manor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Slaughter Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Lower Manor Slaughter