My short stay at this hotel started brilliantly with an upgrade to their garden suite, Magnolia: a stunning room, with the added bonus of a hot tub, which I spent a relaxing hour luxuriating in! Check in was smooth, friendly and efficient - the receptionist had a great knowledge of the hotel and surrounding areas and nothing was too much trouble.
The highlight of this short stay was without doubt the evening meal, which started with drinks and canapés in the comfortable lounge area. Our drinks order was taken by a very professional young lady, who remained attentive throughout. We were taken down to the impressive,yet relaxed, dining room by the Head waiter, who ensured our evening was special. The impressive service was easily matched by the superb food which we enjoyed throughout the evening - every course was a delight! In particular, my crab tortellini starter was a wonderful marriage of flavours. The stand out main course was the monkfish, an unusual blend of flavours which complimented each other perfectly. The raspberry mousse for dessert was a knockout. The head waiter recommended glasses of wine for each course, which proved to be a perfect match on every occasion. Nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff - our waitress was charming and extremely smiley!
All in all, a fantastic retreat for food lovers, in a tranquil setting and a beautiful part of the world. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lovely hotel to anyone. Thank you LSM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of England’s prettiest villages, The Slaughters Manor House is a beautiful 17th Century manor house which combines contemporary interiors with country charm, attentive service and one of the most acclaimed restaurants in the Cotswolds. Spring 2016 saw the entire ground floor renovated to restore the character of the building, exposing and emphasising architectural details contrasted with a modern, vibrant interior design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Slaughters Manor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Slaughter Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Lower Manor Slaughter