“The Pleasurable Haunt”
Review of Old Bull Inn

Old Bull Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Royston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

What can I say well I came up and spent 4 days here, studying for exams for a job interview! Well the staff are so friendly, amiable and lovely people. They couldn't do enough for me let me take over tables with my books talked and buoyed me on when needed! I ate in the evenings and the food is beautiful lovely pies tasty well presented. The rooms well I had a single, a little snug but all the amenities I wanted and the bed ever so comfortable slept well each night! Awoken and down for big breakfasts every morning locally sourced produce very tasty! A wonderful experience from Ben Simon Sean and the ladies! I'll stay again any time I'm up that way! Lovely! Thanks!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The rooms are quite compact just enough to accommodate you but very conveniently located. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean. In case you want some Indian food, number of restaurants are located nearby...in fact one is just opposite to the back side of the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vatrana
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in a single room (room 5) for one night whilst attending a wedding. I used the room to change and sleep and saw little else of the Old Bull, however I was impressed with what I did see.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean, and bigger than I had expected - and it came with a double bed when I had expected a single (a pleasant surprise). Lastly the price was competitive compared to the other hotels recommended by the wedding party.
Overall I was very happy and would happily recommend to others.
One piece of constructive advice for the hotel is that I would have liked the breakfast menu to represent the Inn's food concept "modern British food with a twist"...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank iann22
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I went with a group of 8 people for a pre Christmas dinner, starters were very good, mains were very good apart from 1 lamb shank which was solid and this was quickly put right by the very efficient staff and the desserts were very good. Why the low mark you wonder, well after the dessert one of the party went for a smoke and came back in very angry. He had stood where you can see in to the kitchen and watched one of the staff help themselves to ice cream and then with the same spoon serve the same in to the customer bowls, this was repeated a couple of times!! When he complained the management seemed very laid back about it. Apparently the person was spoken too but denied using the same spoon and when our party member was told this it was as if he was lying. Under no circumstances would he or any one of us make this up knowing it could cost someone their job. We will not know the outcome of this complaint but if staff don't get seen doing this sort of thing what else can they get away with?
Would I recommend? You make your own mind up.
Up until this point we all would have re visited this pub but that will not happen now!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We help a regional conference here last week. The whole experience was superb. The hotel oozes character and the staff are utterly wonderful. The rooms are small, but hey, it's an old character hotel. Nevertheless, all was immaculate. Dinner was absolutely first class and better than many far more expensive restaurants. Overall, we have all agreed it will a definite return in 6 months. So much better than the modern, impersonal chain hotels

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the first time that I have felt compelled to write a review about a stay at a hotel. This Inn catered for your every need. Nothing was too much trouble. We were staying here as we were attending a wedding about 20 mins away. We had ordered prior to our arrival a variety of sandwiches as we were on a tight schedule. The platter was excellent and very fresh. When returning to the Inn after a long day at a wonderful wedding we had a night cap before turning in and the staff even asked if we wanted another round before closing the bar.
The accommodation was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was again not a disappointment. Again nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend anyone to stay and this very welcoming, friendly and organised establishment.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Old Bull Inn whilst on business. I found the check in process quite efficient. The room itself (room 9) was totally acceptable. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and coffee/tea making facilities provided. Bedding was lovely and clean.

The bathroom was also very clean, and the shower was powerful and easily adjustable. Shampoo and shower gel were provided.

Breakfast was a pleasure too. A choice of cereals or full English breakfast were available, and coffee/tea was brought to the table quickly on arrival.

Thoroughly enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royston
Sheene Mill
The Crown House
The Crown House
#1 of 1 in Great Chesterford
Templars Hotel and Carvery

Been to Old Bull Inn? Share your experiences!