“Lovely lunch ”

Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Banstead
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the area and decided to stop for bit of pub lunch. Really enjoyed the Tuna mayo sandwich chips hot and crisp and nice salad on the side overall really lovely and good for the money. Sat in the garden which was well presented with lovely baskets of flowers coffee good and husbands larger hit the spot would revisit if in the area again

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I had the roast beef Sunday lunch. Tasteless and cold... I actually threw up twice once I'd got home as it obviously didn't agree with me. Never again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited the Woolpack for lunch on Sunday to celebrate my fathers 83rd birthday. He used to drink in this pub when he was younger so we thought it would be nice if he revisited. There was a mixed bag of reviews on Trip Advisor so I was a bit wary. However, we were greeted like old friends by all of the staff. The menu was diverse - something for everybody I would say. I had the tiger prawns to start. These were huge, juicy and very tasty, served on grilled ciabatta and with some rocket and balsamic glaze - delicious. I then went for the vegetarian but roast dinner which came with the best roast potato's I have eaten in a long time. The others in my party were all equally delighted with their food - a mixture of pate and garlic bread with cheese to start and then chicken parmigana, roast salmon and burgers - a real eclectic mix of food, all served with a smile and nothing disappointed. We were all too full to try any puddings, but they looked good too. Overall I would say ignore the negative reviews and try The Woolpack for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Seems that the standard is dropping, service is not as good as it was, tables not cleared as quick as they used to be and apparently you can only wear a vest if your female!!!!! For obvious reasons I presume as I saw a couple turn up with their young daughter and he had a black vest top on and she had a white vest top on and even though they were sitting out the front he was told to leave but she was ok!!!!!!! I must say I don't like this kind of sexist standards.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Has I said in other review I would be coming back ! Glad we did we had a great Sunday lunch good prices , good food and really good staff , this is a pub and it's great pub food at good pub prices ! Will be coming back soon ! Ty