“Strel and Hotel Spongiola a great combination”
Review of Hotel Spongiola

Hotel Spongiola
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brodarica
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent an excellent week in June swimming by day with Strel and resting in the peaceful surroundings at the Hotel Spongolia by night, a perfect combination.
After a great breakfast Borut and Alexander of Strel took us out everyday on a small boat to wonderful locations for our swims - including Sibenik and the beautiful Krka falls. The hotel then took over the care again in the evening! Niño and his staff were helpful, kind and cheerful. The rooms were large and very comfortable, a good place to rest after the exertions of the day! The public rooms and terrace were lovely and a perfect setting for pre dinner drinks or even to dine on a balmy evening? The food was very very good with lots of fresh produce and delicious fish!
We stayed on a few nights after our swimming holiday had finished and wished we could have stayed longer. I shall definitely go back to Krapanj and Hotel Spongiola in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jenny C

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel is very spacious, rooms are large with good facilities and very clean. The restaurant is excellent, especially breakfast. The staff are friendly and very diligent. The hotel is a great base for the Strel Swimming Croatia trip which takes you to great places to swim near Spongiola and beyond. The hotel was the ideal place to return to each day. The 24 hour hotel ferry is great for connecting to the mainland and other towns. Great swimming, great hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms well insulated for sound and with excellent air conditioning especially.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at Hotel Spongiola in September 2013 for a Strel swimming vacation. I had such an enjoyable week that I didn't want to leave by the end of it! The hotel was ideal and situated on a quiet, beautiful little island opposite the town of Brodarica. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel has a boat which can run you across to the mainland any time you need it, day or night. My room was big and had a little balcony that overlooked the sea. There was free wifi available in the hotel lobby which was convenient and fast. I ate at the hotel most nights and was impressed by the quality and variety of food. Considering that we were swimming every day I felt that I had more than enough to eat every evening.
The guides (Borut and Alex) that ran the tour were exceptional and I felt that they couldn't have done a better job. They were very knowledgeable about the local area and very well organised. They got on well with everyone and were fun to spend time with. There was a range of different swimming abilities within the group which was not an issue. I really enjoyed every swim that I did and felt safe in the water as the safety escorts were very attentive. The area was absolutely beautiful and I would love to go back.
I strongly recommend Hotel Spongiola as a perfect base for a Strel swimming holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Laura1319
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June whilst on an amazing Strel Swimming holiday. The hotel was a perfect base to come back to each evening to re-charge after a day on and in the water. It's in a great location for heading to the many islands nearby, out to Kornati and Krka national parks or over to the mainland for more urban style entertainment.

The room was large, spotlessly clean (until I brought half the beach in with me) and the bed was really comfortable. I didn't actually use the in-house pool, masseuse or Jacuzzi as all I needed at the end of each day's swimming was to stand under the hot and powerful shower or soak in the bath then lounge on the balcony until it was time for pre-dinner drinks. The food in the hotel was unexpectedly good - far better than your usual hotel meals with clearly fresh ingredients and a chef that knows how to cook, but not overcook them.

The staff were fun, friendly and helpful and mostly spoke fantastic English. I didn't have many needs whilst staying there but I really felt that nothing would have been too much trouble for Nino and his team.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at hotel Spongiola in July 2013 for a week when I was on a Strel Swimming holiday. The hotel is located on a beautiful island with no cars, and lovely little restaurants and bars on the sea front. My room was huge, and the food and service were great, including excellent free wifi and lovely staff. The swimming with Strel Swimming was fantastic - clear water, beautiful locations, great group of people, all really well organised, I completely recommend this holiday. Borut and Aleksander are amazing guides :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for a week in August and had a fantastic time. The small island has a lovely relaxed feel to it, with no cars and few people, yet the Hotel was luxurious. Our rooms had a balcony, big comfy beds, lots of wardrobe space and beautiful bathrooms. The Hotel's marble reception area offered cool respite in the 40+ degree heat, and the terrace was a perfect place to eat breakfast, overlooking the small beach and dock for the Hotel's water taxi.
The staff were friendly and attentive. We would certainly recommend staying here, if you want a few days 'away from it all'.
Our reason for staying here was to take part in one of Borut Strel's swimming adventures. My family consists of 2 swimmers (myself and my 16 year old son) and 2 less enthusiastic swimmers (my husband and my 13 year old son). I was a little concerned that they would be bored or would feel left out while we swam, but they had as much fun on this trip as we did!
Borut and his 'number 2', Alex, were amazing: a perfect mixture of technical expertise and genial, entertaining hosts. They obviously have a good relationship with the locals (especially the young skipper whose guard boat was our 'home' for the week), and their in-depth knowledge of the area, and the language, was a real asset.
Lunches was tasty, healthy and freshly prepared by Alex everyday, with a vegetarian option always available.
The swimming was amazing. Each day we travelled to a different island or part of the coast and did one swim in the morning and another after the lunch break. The sea was clear and the scenery beautiful: all in all, a fantastic week.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TAT65
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I have just returned from an adventure swimming holiday with Strel Swimming in September 2013. Our base for the swimming was the Hotel Spongiola which turned out to be a fantastic home away from home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time there with friendly staff, great food and fantastic service. I will certainly look to go back some time in the future.
Nino and his team go out of their way to look after you and our stay was a wonderful pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodarica
Solaris Hotel Jure
Hotel Life
Hotel Life
#1 of 5 in Rogoznica
Solaris Beach Hotel Jakov

Been to Hotel Spongiola? Share your experiences!