“Preferred the Old Version”
Review of Hotel Solineu

Hotel Solineu
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in La Molina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, years ago before it was refurbished and the economic crash in Spain, it was shabby but busy, warm and friendly. I spent a week here in high season in February I paid over 110€ a night for a weeks stay as a single person, I think the hotel had me and between 2-4 other guests during this particular week. They gave me a room which you could barely swing a cat in (no suitcase storage) with a view over looking a inner walled area so virtually no natural light, two people in this room for a week would have been murder, luckily my husband is not a skier! The breakfast is as basic as can be all the bread and pastries frozen, poor quality machine coffee and juice and a bowl of bruised apples, normal Spanish typical fayre of sliced meats and cheeses all of very low quality. Because of the lack of guests the whole place was a ghost town, no one ever in the bar, every time I wanted a drink I had to ask at reception, so I gave up! Ate twice in the restaurant which was empty except for me, food was average but expensive for the area. The staff were sullen and very unfriendly except for the lovely dark haired lady on reception who looks far too glam to be working in this hotel! The spa is lovely and could be perfect but they are obviously economizing so its only open a few hours in the evening and the sauna and steam room which need time to heat were never that warm, you didnt want to hang around the in the jacuzzi because the water was tepid and just too cold to sit in.. the steam room never pumped hot steam. This hotel has massive potential and seems at the moment to be relying soley on business from the crowds that arrive at Christmas, Easter and the weekends. On my next trip I will look for alternative accommodation.

Room Tip: Anything with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kizzy19

Reviewed 6 February 2013

A lovely hotel, well placed for the ski lifts, friendly staff with good english, lots of free additions like the wifi, dvds, wii, spa, ski lockers etc. Despite seeing only 2 other guests we werent made to feel like we were putting them out.
Breakfast was really lovely and the bar was great to relax in.
I think the sports shop up the road was cheaper than the hotel for hire.
Beautiful views out of the window, quiet and peaceful.
The whole resort was strangely quiet in the evenings, so fine for a few days but wouldnt want to do a week there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelenT12_3456
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were 2 Adults and 2 kids, they gave us 1 room at 7th floor very tight for both of us. Then was impossible to close the windows curtains so in the morning the light came in the room very soon awaking me and my family. We got half board and even if I told them that my daughter has just 3 years old and that she doesn't use to eat food but her specific food, they wanted to me to pay for my daughter too. The food was like a fast food, very bad and seems to us (and other guests) the food of day before. The room was with single bad even for me and my wife. The smell you can feel in the play room for the kid on the 1st floor was terrible, you can feel as in the bathroom. The lift didn't work most of the time and we were at 7th foor. I asked to talk with the manager, and she refuse to talk to me. The price I payed for this horrible hotel was more than 225€ per day. Thanks God was for few days only. I hope you are in time to avoid it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Piso65
Reviewed 17 February 2012

A great hotel for a winter break with friends. The updated hotel is excellent value with cosy bar and friendly staff. So near to ski runs and staff very helpful with ski hire and lessons.
We will visit again.

Room Tip: Upper floors have great views of mountains but all rooms are very appointed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jnet48
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Very comfortable, quiet and well equipped hotel, extremely handy for the slopes.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank sheepshagger
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Stayed at Hotel Solineu (formerly solineu sport) in Feb 2010 with Husband and 2 children 3yrs and 7yrs. The Hotel has recently been refurbished and was done to a high standard for a 3 star hotel. The staff are very helpful in sorting out ski passes and ski schools. The Wi-fi, wii room and play room for small children are invaluable, when on a family holiday, as is the free DVD use. If I were to be picky for negatives I would say, the hotel can be a bit noisy as the sound of doorbells travels throughout rooms, the evening meal is far too late for people with small children, and the car parking is expensive at 15 Euros a night. (You don't really need a car as it is only a few hundred metres walking to the piste). This is the third time we have stayed in La Molina, and I would reccomend the resort as a family skiing location.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mooret
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. Refurbished to a modern style in December 2009, our room was incredibly comfortable and well appointed for a ski hotel. Great little spa area, bar with beautiful views, room had flat screen TV with DVD player and a choice of 200 FREE DVDs to watch. Breakfast was excellent and set us up for the day. The fixed price menu in the evening was great value too.

Ski hire is next door, and you get your own lockable ski locker. The lifts are a short walk away.

All in all, the whole experience was much better than our previous year's experience across the border in France at Font Romeu, which was quite frankly a very dated resort.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple