“As good as the first”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Came back to the spire last sunday the place was rocking some type of fingerfood function upstairs and a near full house downstairs .......

Had the sunday lunch, roast beef was good (sirloin of beef) crisp yorkies to soak up the gravy

wife had the cod in a clam butter, was good, cod always needs something as its not a very flavoursome fish.

apple tartlet and a banoffi springroll to finish

Aogan D, Owner at The Spire restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear paul s,

Thank you for taking the time to review us again. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed another meal with us.

Aogan

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very disappointing meal here last night. Had booked a family dinner for a Birthday celebration. Service was good with very friendly Staff but the main meal really let this place down. I had very over cooked cod, vegetables were cold and the buttered cabbage was quite poor. The whole meal lacked general seasoning. My Husband had the beef, the dish compared to a Carvery beef dinner in any gastro pub. No emphasis placed on the Birthday we were celebrating even though it was mentioned in the booking. This has the potential to be a great place, I liked the décor and the church features such as the high ceilings and original features. Unlikely to return.

5  Thank Mrs O

Dear Mrs. O,

We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us. We enjoy very good feedback about our food and it is very disappointing to read that you were so unhappy with it.

Thank you for complimenting the decor of our restaurant and mentioning that you were happy with the service.

We hope that you will return and that you will experience the normal high standard of food that we have built our reputation on.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Was a beautiful restaurant , very busy one too. Lovely friendly staff and beautiful clean restaurant. It was are first time and will be back it wAs fab food lovely enjoying evening. There was 4 of us and all had different meals we all had a 3 course meal and could not fault a thing it was all beautiful and wish the owners the best of luck

Dear Amykimkelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Aogan

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Fab staff, beautiful restaurant really enjoyed the meal there was four of us and we all had a 3 course meal and all different it was beautiful. Staff are all lovely and wish the owners the very best of luck will be back very soon

Aogan D, Owner at The Spire restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Amykimkelly,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I live in Duleek, but hadn't been to the Spire since it reopened. I got a voucher from one of the deal sites and 2 of us went on a Friday evening at 6.30. There were a few people there when we arrived. The entrance hallway is lovely and the photos of the renovation were great to see. The staff were very friendly and the menu looked fantastic. I didn't know what all the dishes were but there was a lot to choose from. I got the duo of chicken rilettes and duck boudin noir to start - I wasn't entirely sure what it was but wanted to try something different. It came with bread, butter, red onion compote and a green salad, and there was a lot in it. I'm not mad about duck, but still ate the whole thing. For main, I had the roast quarter chicken - it was absolutely delicious. It came with cabbage, baby potatoes and stuffing, and they were very generous portions - I wasn't able to eat it all even though I really wanted to. A glass of wine was included in the voucher - we just got a Chilean white and it was very nice, and a fairly big glass of it. I would have loved to have tried a dessert but there was just no way so will have a look out for another voucher - hopefully they'll do it again, because I would find it a bit expensive for my budget - the 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 wines would have cost about €55/60 without the voucher. I found the staff very nice and friendly, and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed.

1  Thank leeireland

Dear Leeireland,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal. Keep your eyes peeled for more deals coming soon.