“Wonderful hotel”
Review of Hotel del Oso

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cosgaya
Hotel del Oso
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cosgaya
Reviewed 8 June 2014

On our recent visit to the Picos de Europa we stayed in 4 hotels and this one was by far the best, all areas clean and tidy, lovely rooms, with lovely views, helpful and very pleasant staff. The food was excellent and very well served by the waiting staff, breakfast buffet was large with many choices. In short an excellent hotel and I will be going there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel del Oso with some friends last weekend, and was impressed with the friendliness and level of service of the staff, the cleanliness and decoration of the hotel, and the wonderful food!

Overall a lovely place to stay in a great setting with mountain views and in a traditionally built, but relatively new building.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was found by our group leader. Before getting to the hotel when I looked on Google earth it appeared to be in the middle of nowhere.

On arrival there is plenty of parking. There was six in our group on motorcycles the reception was clean and welcoming as were the staff.

On getting the keys to the room it had a view via a small balcony of mountains and over the main car park. The ensuite facilities were spotless and quite modern unlike some hotels where you are reluctant to use the facilities without cleaning yourself.

Other facilities safe programmable and tv are good with some english channels. I have an observation and the rest of the group frowned upon my remark is that there are no in room refreshments. It may be an english thing but when waking in the morning I prefer a cup of tea. I must point out it is only a personal preference not a critism ofthe hotel.

The staff are brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with a smile.

The food served in the restaurant is first class and good value especially the set menu. Please don't make it a habbit but even food on the normal menu can be included on the set menu.

Would I come here again simple answer is yes whether it is for motorcyling or hiking. Only thing I would like is good sunny weather which is not the fault of the hotel or anyone else.

Michael F.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I can't add anything more than what others have said. It is truly is a wonderful hotel with a great, friendly staff. If you come to the picos de Europa - stay here - you will love it. Btw - breakfast buffet was fabulous. Everything beautifully prepared and tasty too. Lunch and dinner great too.

Room Tip: Room 208 is a corner room with great views of the picos and stream.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked late as we were lucky enough to get a last minute invite from friends to join them. They had booked this hotel on the recommendation of friends, and so I chose not to look at the Tripadvisor reviews before we joined them, in order to avoid preconceptions, and because we were joining our friends regardless. I was out of my comfort zone, I usually research my accommodation to a standstill with Tripadvisor!

I needn't have worried. Like so many travellers before me, I have nothing but praise for this hotel. We were in a second floor room in the Annex building across a pretty little stream and a quiet road (this may busy-up in the summer though!). The room was beautiful, clean and well furnished. The bathroom had a nice deep bath, no problems with hot water and a good powerful shower over the bath. The wifi was free and reliable (not super fast, but good enough to pick up emails and whatsapp etc).

The service was outstanding. I live in Madrid and have become used to an almost "Parisian" level of indifference to customer care. There is none of that here. All of the hotel staff, reception, bar, porters and restaurant staff were absolutely lovely. Speaking of the restaurant, I have to commend the food; excellent quality, very generous portions and great variety. Incredibly good value. The six of us dined like kings. Incidentally, the mini breakfast is also excellent value. Something like 3.50euro and there is plenty to at least get you to a more hearty breakfast if that is your preference.

Of the surrounding area, I can only say it is spectacular. We took the gondola (Teleférico) at de Fuente Dé up into the Picos de Europa. This is a 10 minute drive from the hotel, and is literally at the end of the road. You can buy a 16euro return ticket and just have a look around at the top, or you can get a 10euro single ticket and do one of the beautiful hikes down, as we did (just over 18kms). I will say be wary of the claim that there is a well signposted route back to the hotel. There isn't, as we found out the hard way. Your best bet is to walk the road back from Pembes.

The local town of Potes is gorgeous, incidentally, and if the beach is only on your to-do list, it isn't too far for a day trip to some spectacular beaches and some beautiful towns (both coastal and inland) along the way.

Finally, whilst it was still too early in the year for us to take advantage, the outdoor swimming pool looked absolutely beautiful. Clean and welcoming. My feet certainly wished for a dip after that hike!

This hotel is a perfect base for it all!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mouses
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on a motor biking holiday in June 2013. We had heard good reviews about it and decided to detour here for a night's stay before catching our ferry home. We were very glad we did! We stayed in the main building on the second floor in a beautiful room overlooking the stream and the annexe building. We had dinner here in the evening, and the food was excellent with huge portions. We then had a coffee outside admiring the view of the mountains. The service was good throughout our stay and I hope we go back to stay there again some time in the future! 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Card S
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel represents excellent value and the service exceeded our expectations. The location is just perfect and so tranquil.
Our room was clean, comfortable and overlooked the pool.
This is the perfect place to stay to explore the Picos and the hotel also provides details of local walks which are well worth doing.
The restaurant is excellent with a good menu and again we couldn't fault the service.
We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SukySomerset
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosgaya
Parador de Fuente De
Hotel Camino Real De Selores
Infantado Hotel
Infantado Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ojedo

Been to Hotel del Oso? Share your experiences!