“Generous servings of tasty traditional Greek foods”

Restaurant Batalogianni
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Kastraki
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I ate dinner at the Kosmiki Taverna (the restaurant attached to Batalogianni) one night in late May and found the fare very tasty and incredibly generous. My huge cucumber salad was very fresh and my generous serving of pork souvlaki with fries was nicely grilled. With a glass of white wine and bread, the bill came to under 13 euros. I was then served a huge plate of ripe cherries and a small serving of yogurt topped by a taste of a delicious orange concoction with walnut – delicious! I was also pleased with the service, and with the efficiency with which I was moved from a corner table on their pleasant terrace to one with better cover when it started raining.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank KJA3

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We were drawn in by the lovely view but were equally wowed by the food! The moussaka rivaled my Greek mother-in-law's and that's saying a lot! Possibly the best I've ever had at a restaurant! Grilled lamb chops, tomatoes & cucumber salad and crispy zucchini chips with tzatziki, left us stuffed! It was a fantastic birthday dinner!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Just visited this restaurant tonight it is located in the centre of Kastraki just down the road from the church which is at the centre of the village.
You can sit at the front which is just off the main road down some steps or you can walk through past the front counter to the back which is much nicer and has some fantastic views of the rock formations and is very pleasant alfresco dining.
Two things were important to us which were both accommodated for they took credit card payment and there were plenty of vegetarian options.
We went at about 7 30 so it was very quiet which was nice for us I think it is also due to the quiet time of the year just after the madness of the summer holidays...would highly recommend travelling early September.!
The service was fast, efficient, professional but st the same time very relaxed friendly and not at all pressured. Vangelis our waiter was awesome nothing was too much trouble.
We don't drink alcohol or eat meat or fish so I guess our bill would be less than the average persons but for 2 adults and 1 child including drinks it came to just over € 43.
I will be definitely recommending this restaurant to my clients and friends....
Oh forgot to mention that we were given a small piece of lemon cake in syrup..very sweet but nice and some pieces of water melon as a complimentary dessert...very nicely done sure way to ensure repeat patronage...
Try it...enjoy!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

After reading previous reviews we decided to eat here on our second night after seeing the monasteries. The views of the cliffs at sunset are beautiful to enjoy as you are enjoying a great Greek home cooked meal, the only thing we ordered which we didn't like was the taramasalata which they make with mashed potato, otherwise everything else was beautiful and tasty.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

After reading Tripadviser reviews, went to try out this restaurant based on advice to stick to local dishes. Ordered stuffed grape leaves and they were fresh and soaked in a lot of warm lemon foamy sauce, which I came to understand later it is the way this region prepares this dish. I also tried the grilled stuffed eggplant. Both dishes were tasty with big portion. Best of all was the view from the back garden. Went there earlier around 6:30pm to get a good table hoping to get a good sunset shot. I was not disappointed.

Often one needs to pay a premium for a view but under 20 euro for 3 courses (dessert was free) and wine while eating in this beautiful setting, it was a good pick. Note that not all seats have good view. And it was not too crowded the evening when I visited so one can soak in the atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2017