“Disappointing and irritating”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ormskirk
Liverpool UK
“Disappointing and irritating”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have had a number of good experiences with Premier Inn hotels recently. But not on this occasion.
I booked a room through Booking.com for four nights for two members of my family, and I paid the bill on arrival.
The following week, I booked them in for one night, using Booking.com again. This time I did not accompany them, so I rang the hotel to pay by card. I was informed that I could not do this as the reservation had not been made directly with Premier Inns. A cheque? Only if they received it 6 weeks prior to arrival! Cash then? 'We only accept cash if guests can produce ID'. Why? What is wrong with cash? Especially bearing in mind that they had stayed at the establishment the previous week, and the reception had all their details on file. As it happened, they had ID, otherwise I would have had to travel there to pay.
I find this most unsatisfactory.
Also, why did they find it necessary to employ a gardener with noisy strimmer and leaf blower outside the bedrooms at 8.00 in the morning?

Room Tip: Ask if the gardener is due during your stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ornsay
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southport (Ormskirk) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Athlone
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Spent a few days here while attending a funeral. Very good hotel accommodation, modern and quiet and very well maintained.Easily accessible with an excellent pub and restaurant adjoining.Would recommend staying here if you have any business in the area.

Room Tip: Room was overlooking car park so no road noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A good budget hotel with an excellent breakfast for my children and I. I chose this hotel due to location for the occasion I was attending. Staff were welcoming and friendly. I would stay at a premuer inn again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
london Uk
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a really pleasant stay , the night before a wedding at KNOWSLEY HALL .
We arrived late and the staff couldn't have been more polite / helpful .
Room spotless and quiet ! Bed so comfy and slept well ! Lovely countryside location

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We could't fault a thing. We travelled from Hampshire for a wedding and stayed for three nights. The hotel and staff were just brilliant. So friendly and helpful and the room was spotless, comfortable and quiet. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor towards the rear which was lovely. Easy access and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Clare R
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

All of the staff were very friendly and we had no complaints about the service at all..
The food was good and again the service was friendly and excellent.
The refurbished rooms are comfortable, warm and quiet

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Premier Inn on Monday 7th as my girlfriend had an interview at Edge Hill early the next day. The sun was setting on this beautiful location as we arrived and both remarked on the surroundings. We we're checked in by the lovely Louise. We found that my booking was totally wrong that I had made on Booking.com however this was no problem and was sorted within minutes! Louise even mentioned she had left me an answer phone message to make sure my booking was correct a few days before. Even though I missed this message, I thought that was a nice touch.

We were put in to the double room of room 11 and were happy straight away. The room was clean and the bed looked so inviting! Loads of room and felt relaxed straight away. The night sleep we had was really comfortable and set us up for the next which we knew would be long.

In the morning we headed for breakfast at the beefeater for 6.30am. We had to wait a few minutes past then but didn't mind as the lad working was lovely and working on his own. We had the full breakfast each which was anything continental and then anything from the buffet menu made to order. Costa coffee and all the food you could want impressed us.

On leaving, the receptionist wished my girlfriend good luck and just finished off the stay nicely.

Beautiful location and really wonderful staff. Top standard. Thankyou!

(We spoke to two other ladies on reception during our stay but didn't catch their names, just as lovely!)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormskirk
Premier Inn Southport Central Hotel
Rufford Arms Hotel
Rufford Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rufford
Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Southport (Ormskirk) Hotel? Share your experiences!