“Amazing Venue for weddings/parties/groups”
Review of Bellingham Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castlebellingham
Bellingham Castle
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing Venue for weddings/parties/groups”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This venue is only availble for group bookings at the moment. A spectacular venue, I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding there and it was an amazing experience. No expense has been spared in renovating this castle. Every room has been given individual attention and no two rooms are the same. The staff were excellent, service was amazing, food great. There are lots of different rooms and areas within the castle, a library, a bar and lounge, a kitchen which is really cute and also residents bar. Gardens are also beautiful an excellent venue for a wedding. Be aware, that there are only 17 bedrooms available to book in the castle but extra accommodation can be booked in local hotels with complimentary bus back and forth to the venue. The staff were excellent, service was amazing, food great. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Some rooms have stand alone baths within the room overlooking the gardens, these rooms are very larg...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tet1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful wedding in Bellingham castle. The service was excellent, the attention to detail was meticulous. The bedrooms and reception rooms are gorgeous. Truly a fabulous experience. Thanks especially to Ciara for helping me book a room in another hotel at short notice- though if I had the option I would never have left Bellingham Castle! Thanks so much!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I attended a wedding at Bellingham Castle recently and was blown away by this venue. Every detail was attended to. The staff were friendly, helpful and foresaw every need even before being asked. It has recently been renovated to a very high standard. Beautiful and comfortable bedrooms. Very, very, highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mari242
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We just celebrated a 50th birthday in the castle and I am not over exaggerating when I say that it was absolutely amazing venue, service, food and atmosphere. The 19 bedrooms are absolutely stunning, the dining and bar area have everything you could wish for and the service is outstanding. Smiles all around and the most helpful staff you can think of. Thanks Ciara for all you help in the prep and the evening. I travel a lot and know many hotels but you certainly are my number one now. Our family and friends came to us repeatedly saying how amazing it was. Please cuddle your wolfhound from us, he was the icing on the birthday cake. We will be back on 9th March 2019 for my 40th! And we will book The Enemies as band again. What a great craic as the Irish say!

Room Tip: Room 18 is the bridal room and was absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Nadine S
Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The recent renovations to this County Louth castle are extensive and are finished in 5 star style, down to the finest of details making Bellingham Castle a very special place. The staff especially Ciara and Patrick can not do enough for you, they really do make you feel at home. The food is exceptional. The bedrooms are elegant and stylish and the space for entertaining is beautifully finished. We feel very lucky to have been one of the first parties in Bellingham Castle, we wish them all the best in making this castle venue a great success.... it really is a very special and unique, this is possibly the best venue in Ireland at this moment in time.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16, it has stunning views of the river and countryside. With 3 large windows, it w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MollieEire
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a friends wedding last weekend and really couldn't fault anything. The location just 30 mins north of Dublin, the facilities, the catering and in particular the service all absolutely spot on!! A really fantastic wedding venue.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TomTelford
dublin ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I feel very lucky to have celebrated my wedding at this charming Castle, When I arrived I was amazed at the transformation during the renovations, the welcome we got was second to none from the team, I felt like I was in a large family period home. The Napper Tandy rooms are so elegant, a dream spot to hold the service and prosecco/ jazz reception. I got over my weather disappointment very quick, on reflection it kept everyone together and created a great atmosphere, the way the Castle is laid out its perfect for people to mix easily with all the sitting rooms,snugs & library.
Now in my opinion there are 3 main elements to a successful wedding that sometimes can go amiss with all the trimmings available nowadays, namely Good Food, Flowing Wine & Music. The food was fantastic , hats off to the chef Claire who surpassed herself. The staff were so pleasant & attentive in a very discreet way and kept the wine flowing all day.
At the time the Bute Suite was still under renovations so we used the Dining Rooms for the meal, another Magical intimate setting.
The band recommended to me was the icing on the cake ( feel free to contact me if you would like more info)
Then when we eventually hit the hay a lovely comfy bed awaited in really smart bedrooms.
Again a big thank you to Patrick & Ciara who made it all possible, we have had so many of our guests comment that it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank JClontarf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebellingham
Cabra Castle Hotel
Scholars Townhouse Hotel
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk

Been to Bellingham Castle? Share your experiences!