All reviews steeped in history mid wales kevin wye cycling
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Well I stumbled on this hotel when working very very local. It is a time capsule indeed I was greeted at the door by Kevin and he showed me to my Luxury room....it was fabulous and the bathroom was amazing I slept great and breakfast was a full English with all the trimmings ( better then my mothers) I must say . Kevin was alway happy to help and his knowledge of the hotel was so interesting all the history of over a hundred years..... And I did not know but a King of England has stayed here .......wow I can truly say this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed in the wildlife is right outside the door. I seen a fox and a deer and the views are amazing there's no holding back.
To sum it up........amazing value amazing food amazing Place Fantastic staff.
I will be back soon

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheClochfaen, Representative at The Clochfaen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Wow, what an amazing review! Thank you very much for your kind words Andy, you're welcome back any time! Don't be a stranger!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed in the self-catering cottage (North Cottage), which was very warm, clean and tidy. The cottage is situated in the beautiful Mid-Wales countryside, in a lovely quiet spot just outside the village of Llangurig (near the historical town of Llanidloes for local shops to stock-up on food). Our stay was lovely, comfortable, quiet and the cottage was well equipped (the dish washer and washing machine came in very handy). Also, owner Kevin is a lovely chap and always on hand at the main cottage just down the road and happy to help. Recommended for a nice quiet vacation.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Aubrey's ! What an experience ! A real self-contained hone-from-home. Breakfast just could not have been better. Followed by a 'behind the scenes' tour of the Main House including the ballroom and 'The Kings Bedroom'. Kevin was the perfect host.

Room tip: Aubreys is a real experience.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2016

You probably can't find a warmer welcome, a better breakfast or quieter night's sleep anywhere in Wales. With a B&B, self catering cottage, or mansion house option (over the years we've enjoyed them all) there's something for everyone and if you just want stabling and a meadow that's now also available. You have the added bonus of knowing that every option for a sustainable future has been employed including their own completely hidden solar farm. There's plenty to do in the area for the active and the interested and some lovely lunch and dinner options in the surrounding towns and villages. It's a 'whole new world' from the 19th century days when my Grandfather worked here.

Room tip: With such a range of options and a helpful website you can easily make your choice.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I stayed at The Clochfaen for 1 night with 2 work mates whilst we were in the area for work. We were really impressed with the warm welcome and attentive service is offered in the B&B. We were shown around the cottage which was clean and tidy and warm. After about 10 minutes of being here we were brought fresh coffee with cakes and biscuits, which was a lovely. The facilities were brilliant, a well equip bathroom and a lovely Rayburn cast iron stove which provided the heating in the corner of the lounge. The breakfast in the morning was brilliant. There is also free WiFi if you require it.
The owner was really polite and friendly.

I would highly recommend this place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
kevinclochfaen, Owner at The Clochfaen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2016

Mikey thank you for your very kind remarks about our B&B. I hope you get the opportunity to visit again, and see more of the house and surroundings. Kind regards Kevin Hughes.