All reviewssteeped in historymid waleswarm welcomekevinwyecyclingrestored
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Kevin was a generous and kind host, the rooms were spotless and the breakfast was so delicious including the fresh fruit salad. The views over the River Wye are superb and Clochfaen is an excellent location or walking and cycling in Mid Wales.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2017

One of my favourite places to stay. One of the few places I keep going back to. Warm and welcoming. Relaxing and peaceful. I always sleep at least an hour longer than I'm used to, always leave relaxed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TheClochfaen, Owner at The Clochfaen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you both so much and we are very pleased that you get a good nights reset and leave refreshed. Kind Regards Kevin.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

During a recent visit to the Yamaha Off Road School I stayed in the B&B for 1 night. I was very impressed with the warm welcome, and attentiveness.

It is located in a vey quiet area, in a lovely part of Wales. Best breakfast I've had in the area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank biker_michael
TheClochfaen, Owner at The Clochfaen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you, very pleased you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your stay at the Clochfaen. We hope you may use our B&B again if your are ever in the area.
Kind regards Kevin.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Well I stumbled on this hotel when working very very local. It is a time capsule indeed I was greeted at the door by Kevin and he showed me to my Luxury room....it was fabulous and the bathroom was amazing I slept great and breakfast was a full English with all the trimmings ( better then my mothers) I must say . Kevin was alway happy to help and his knowledge of the hotel was so interesting all the history of over a hundred years..... And I did not know but a King of England has stayed here .......wow I can truly say this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed in the wildlife is right outside the door. I seen a fox and a deer and the views are amazing there's no holding back.
To sum it up........amazing value amazing food amazing Place Fantastic staff.
I will be back soon

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
TheClochfaen, Representative at The Clochfaen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Wow, what an amazing review! Thank you very much for your kind words Andy, you're welcome back any time! Don't be a stranger!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed in the self-catering cottage (North Cottage), which was very warm, clean and tidy. The cottage is situated in the beautiful Mid-Wales countryside, in a lovely quiet spot just outside the village of Llangurig (near the historical town of Llanidloes for local shops to stock-up on food). Our stay was lovely, comfortable, quiet and the cottage was well equipped (the dish washer and washing machine came in very handy). Also, owner Kevin is a lovely chap and always on hand at the main cottage just down the road and happy to help. Recommended for a nice quiet vacation.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family