“Long wait but food fab!”
Review of Spice Club

Spice Club
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Llanidloes
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We had a family meal here and the service was extremely slow, an hour and a half until we received starters, we weren't in a rush but if you were it could be a problem
We went on a Wednesday which is banquet night, starter, main course, side dish, rice or naan for £9.99!!!
You could choose any dish on the menu and the food was excellent one of the best Indians we'd had and worth the wait.
Well done to the waiters who even though run off their feet did a great job and were friendly.
Well worth a visit, drinks and a full meal for 5 for £70!

1  Thank Angie0108

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Good takeaway, food always good and dishes can be altered to suit personal tastes.

Restaurant always seems to be empty with not much atmosphere, too few tables in too big a space maybe dividing up the space making it rights would make for a better experience as a place to enjoy a meal.

Food is fantastic can say no more

Reviewed 8 July 2015

My boyfriend and I chose to eat here after our first choice was full, and think we would have been better off getting a takeaway to our hotel room.
On arrival at the restaurant we asked for a table and were told it would be "10 mins" and to take a seat to wait. We thought that being a Saturday night the wait would be down to bookings having preference, but after more than 10 mins this was clearly not the case. There were at least 3 tables waiting to be re-set but they stayed that way for the duration of our stay.
When we were eventually shown to our table in the middle of the restaurant, we still had to wait a moment while the waiter knelt down to put a folded up napkin under the leg to stop it wobbling. Quite why we were shown to the wobbly table out of the many tables that were free, I don't know.
By this point we were pretty hungry and knew what we wanted to eat (having had plenty of time to look at the menu before we were seated) so we asked our waiter to take our order when he came to ask about drinks. He seemed pretty stumped by this, and insisted he would still take the orders separately.
While we waited for our meal, the atmosphere or lack thereof was very tense.The two couples either side of us weren't speaking to each other, there was no music on at all and so my boyfriend and I felt quite on show in the middle of a silent restaurant, and I'm pretty sure I took to whispering at one point.
When the food did arrive it was not great.I had Chicken Laknavi, which tasted nice but there was very little sauce and not enough chicken to justify the price.The fried rice was either too fried or undercooked. Either way I had crunchy grains in each mouthful which really wasn't pleasant. My boyfriend ordered a spinach dish which arrived looking like green baby food and wasn't to his taste. When the waiter asked how our meal was, this was drawn to his attention but not a thing was done to apologise or perhaps suggest an alternative, so it just sat on our table.
While all this was going on, a party behind us was having trouble too. They had a birthday cake brought out, and it took staff 20 mins to realise that they may need plates and forks to eat it with. I also saw one man go to the bar to get a drink as no-one was serving him at the table. The staff seemed very poorly trained and didn't quite seem to grasp what's required in a restaurant.
By the time it came to paying our bill we were the only table left in the restaurant and it was bizarrely only then that music was finally put on and tables started getting made. The waiter who took our payment was very rude,not speaking to us at all, throwing the side plate around and knocking over condiments, and making us feel that we were an inconvenience.
I felt terrible for my boyfriend who offered to pay for the whole meal as the experience was such a farce.It was too expensive given the very poor service and the small portions and I really can't recommend it.

1  Thank VioletNoi
Reviewed 6 July 2015

a very good selection with a few different dishes from your run of the mill Indian restaurant. The helpings are generous, everything is cooked to order, all in all well worth a visit if staying in the town

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Had a weekend visit to llanidloes and decided to have a Friday night curry so chose the spice club. Everything started well, the waiters (except one) were friendly we got our drinks, ordered our food and tucked into our popadoms, then we were given a starter we didn't order, so sent it away, my husbands main meal came wrong which meant I'd eaten half my meal before hubby got his, then the bill arrived, we thought it seemed steep so we checked the items, our drinks bill was £10 to much! When we queried it the person who looked like he was in charge said it was a mistake !! (Got the feeling it wasn't a mistake until we queried it) such a shame as the food was good but we won't be returning.

1  Thank joycebobcat