“Sublime meal in stunning setting”

Lord Crewe Arms Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Blanchland
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Lovely Friday lunch in the beautiful surroundings, made even better by the fact the nice weather enabled us to eat outside.

Shared a humous and flatbread starter, wife had crab for mains and I had veneison rump, which was genuinely one of the nicest things I've ever eaten. Perfectly cooked, and the sauce was just outstanding.

Wife had strawberry cream for dessert and I had a sublime apricot bakewell, total bill with drinks came in at £55, which for the quality of experience we enjoyed was a steal.

Will definitely be back, and the service in this stunning setting was also top notch.

TheCalcotCollection, Manager at Lord Crewe Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear markismith50

Thank you for your kind words and 5* review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your sunny lunch here at the Crewe. I will share your lovely compliments with the team, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had a weekend stay and a meal on the evening we arrived. Food choice is great and the quality of the food is outstanding. The staff are polite and really welcoming. The hotel is not on a main road but a gem that is well known and quite busy. The hotel has a great historic feel and really relaxing. Will be back.

Dear Richie B

Thank you for your kind words and 5* review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Crewe. I will share your lovely compliments with the team, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We popped to blanchland for lunch altho it was too cold to sit in the walled garden we had a fantastic lunch.
I chose steak au poivre with asparagus ! It was the very best steak ive ever tasted cooked perfectly , my husband chose salmon with lentils which he loved for desert we both chose; pannacotta with goosberries with a crumble on top , it was so light and too die for, altho its not your average prices for lunch its exceedingly good can’t wait to go back

Dear Rita W

Thank you for your kind words and 5* review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch here at the Crewe. I will share your lovely compliments with the team, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Me and my wife popped in here for Sunday lunch as it was pouring down outside and the walk was off. As we walked in, the girl on the desk took care of us from the start. The place was busy but she took us to the bar to see if they could find us a table, which they did. An old couple walked in after us and the girl couldn't find them a table but she did suggest alternatives and they sat at the bar. There was plenty of staff around and so there was no problem with the service and everyone was pleasant and helpful. The food appeared expensive but you got a bit of everything to share on the table and it ended up being worth the money. The beef and lamb were superb and the treacle tart for pudding was fantastic along with a brownie and this lemon thing, really tasty. We used to get up there a lot for walks etc and I think I will be coming back more often for more Sunday lunches!!!

Dear jonnyconnolly

Thank you for your kind words and 5* review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us here at the Crewe, The girl on this occasion was me and it was a pleasure to look after you. I will share your lovely compliments with the team, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had walked several miles across the moor to get here so were more than ready for a pint (or two!) and some good food. The locally brewed bitter was first class and the food was generally good with the exception of the crab sandwich which was simply "ordinary".

Dear CaravannersDandK

Thank you for your kind words and 4* review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Crewe, I apologise that our crab sandwich didn't meet your expectations. I have reviewed your feedback with the kitchen team to see what improvements can be made.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Anna Shipley Deputy General Manager