Algonquin Motel(South River)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$86
US$121
US$94
Agoda.com
Nipissing Inn(North Bay)(Great Value!)
US$81
Glen Garry Motel & Cottages(North Bay)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$60
Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore(North Bay)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Lakeshore Suites(North Bay)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$129
US$83
Comfort Inn Lakeshore - North Bay(North Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssolar poweryoga retreatwinter retreateco tourismgregorcanoecabinhostslakesawe
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We went with some friends for an enjoyable escape from work into the outdoors and we were not let down! It was a wonderful facility and the staff were so kind and welcoming. Our cabin was rustic and it felt like a genuine lakeside experience! We will definitely be going back again in the summer! Or maybe we will try a winter retreat. Who knows :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erik M
Todd L, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Erik,
Thank you for joining us at the Edge. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

It is hard to describe in words how much I love the Edge. Felling beyond grateful for an experience filled with awe and wonder. Far more fulfilling than a week down south and has restored my childhood love of the winter! Every person, place and thing at the Edge contributed to an experience that left me replenished, whole and happier than I had been in months. Arriving depleted, frustrated and unhealthy, staff at the Edge helped me figure out how to help myself. Leaving me able to replenish myself in my regular crazy and hectic life!! Thank you Martha, Gwyneth, Eric and Gregor! And everyone else!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Hi Joanne,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you could appreciate slowing down and joining us for an unplugged retreat.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I don't know what I expected but I certainly did not expect to be blown away like I was.

Gregor (The chef/The Carpenter) is amazing. Like will you marry me, get in my trunk, I'll never eat another meal again kind of amazing. The food he makes is creative and what real farm to table was meant to be. He describes every dish with the care of someone who knows when and where each item was picked. Waiting for that dinner bell was a pavlov's dog experience each time.

Todd was a wonderful host. His pop up appearances were always anecdotal and amusing. He clearly cares that you enjoy yourself but is hyper aware not to be intrusive in your experience. Each one of the people whom popped in an out of our days taking un on canoe trips or hikes were all amazing.

The "experiences" evening events were such a welcome distraction from how full you were. The Tom Thomson art experience and the Animal Pelt discovery were just such interesting and unexpected entertainment.

The activities were just loosely organized. Striking a great balance between "we are going hiking" and "if you don't want to all good".

Had you told me before I left that I was going to a "wellness" retreat I am the kind of person whom would have run in the opposite direction but now, now I will be coming back. This was amazing.

Also for reference it was a large mix of ages. My friend and I were some of the youngest (Age 32) and it was the people who were there that added to the atmosphere.

Room Tip: The small bunk cabins are loud when it rains. If this will bother you upgrade but I loved them!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cheyenne B

Hi Cheyenne,
It can be hard to describe what an experience at the Edge is like. Indeed things at our nature retreat are quite different from most accommodations and we strive to provide a high level of care that helps guests connect and be inspired.
It sounds like your visit was just what you were looking for.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic time with our Environment SHSM students. Great learning, great environment, great food! I would definitely book again. They hired the correct people for the instruction and all learning was hands on.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Roxey S, Guest Services at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi treeknit!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Northern Edge Algonquin.

We love hosting students and teaching them about eco-tourism and the earth around them. Thank you for praising our staff, we work hard to make sure we provide the right people to lead our groups.

Our chef Greg never fails to impress and I we are so glad that you all enjoyed his locally produced meals.

We hope to see you again!

- Roxey

Reviewed 5 February 2017

LOVED the making tracks weekend. The weather was perfect, the food was incredible and the experience will be long remembered. It's not a luxury lodge but everyplace was very clean and comfortable and it's great to see that a wilderness lodge can be maintained by solar power. It was great to be disconnected for 48 hours and reconnect with nature. Todd and Martha and their family have created something very unique and special here.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Hi bassd0g!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Northern Edge Algonquin. We're so happy that you loved your winter experience.

We take pride in our facility and love that you were comfortable and took away memories that will last a lifetime. It's amazing how unplugging reconnects us to nature, thank you for joining us to experience that.

We hope you can join us again to make more memories!

-Roxey