“Great French Housepitality”

Les Pieris
Germany
“Great French Housepitality”
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Our last trip to Normandie and couldn't have found a better place to stay. We were treated like family. Best customer service we could have received.

The farm and property were beautiful, great place to sit and relax.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

The Thomas Family

• Liked — Location to all sites, Family atmosphere, and great customer service.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2007

This was my third trip to Normandy and now I know where I will be staying for all my future trips. Les Pieris was perfect for my family. I was traveling with my wife and two children (2 boys ages 10 and 12) Our room, while lacking old world charm, was extremely clean and I would describe it as over spacious. The shower was the best I've ever experienced in Europe with plenty of pressure and we never ran out of hot water. (beware, you must bring your own soap and shampoo, we did not know this and did not have our own but the host provide some for us) Outside, the farm has all the old world charm you could ask for.(please see photos posted by another visitor). Breakfast was bread, jam, orange juice and tea or coffee, fairly plain but plentiful. Perhaps the best part of the stay were the hosts, Marc and Laurence. I only speak English and Marc was willing to help on several occassions. We unknowingly chose a national holiday to visit Normandy and the banks were closed for 3 days. Since we took the channel ferry from England to Normandy, it was our first stop in France and we did not have any Euros, only British pounds. Marc made several phone calls for us and eventually found a location where we could exchange our currency. He then thought it might be difficult for me to find this location so he rode in my car to help me find it. This took at least 30-40 minutes out of his day. Now that's what I call service.
Let me also mention the fact that the location has two rooms on the ground floor which would be very friendly to the disabled. So, if your a war veteran and have the ability to drive your own car, this is the place for you. Just remember, there is no restaurant on location so you must go to town to eat.

Marc, thanks for making our stay so enjoyable!

Can't wait to visit again!

Best regards, Scott Coneby

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank RedRiver_Texas
Frankfurt
Reviewed 4 July 2007

This B&B might have well been out of a movie. It is what everyone thinks of when they think of the Norman, rural coastline but at least at the time when we stayed there--the website did not do the place justice! When we arrived we were completely charmed by the rose bush laden stone houses that make up this B & B, the old stone well, the lily pad pond out front where our daughter loved to look at the fish, the 2 welcoming family dogs that treated our dog like an old buddy and announced our arrival each time. Our room was modern and immaculate. The air was crisp and fresh--the dairy cows mooed at us from across the street. Only a small ways away (a long walk or a short drive) you can stroll along the seaside in GrandCamp Maisy.

Mark the proprietor is exceptional--he is happy to help people navigate the area and he is one of the reasons we were able to see so much of the area. He made the cake we ate at breakfast himself and served us exotic marmalades. It was a French breakfast (if you are American be prepared--it is not a continental) but after traveling in France quite a bit I can tell you it is a good French breakfast. They even put out a high chair and a children’s' juice cup for our toddler.

Mark has a very "make yourself at home" attitude and when traveling with a dog and children, you can find no more laid back of a B&B owner. His own son was running around and playing ball with our toddler. He seemed to be sensitive enough to allow guests as much space or as much help as they each desired. On the first night, when our car was broken into at the parking lot at Pointe du Hoc (beware!), Mark went to great lengths in assisting us in reaching the police and filing a report in a way that would not further interfere with our vacation. He was great and so empathetic.

One can choose to stay in the old rooms or the new rooms and we chose the new because the older ones have a bit of a musty character which all old houses can have, but are quite charming in traditional decor. The new room was all tile and very neat--there was cleaning and making up of the room every day.) Also there is a view to the owner’s animals and playset--which were off limits to guests and our daughter would have been asking for both the whole time. My only suggestion is that they might open this up to the youngest guests or move the playset so that children who are guests can use it. There are lovely little patio type tables where you can have a sip of Calvados (Mark can tell you the best places to obtain it -- or French wine-- while the kids could play right in front of you--our idea of a playground!) But he was very attentive to our child and put out a baby cot for us and set it up with child-printed linens for our toddler.

Though we were a small family, I would feel very comfortable bringing my disabled mother here (ground floor access!) or spending a romantic vacation here as a couple. We were very happy to come home after our busy touristy days to the REAL Normandy--not a touristy mock-up. I cannot say enough good things about this charming farm and the very nice owners who made us feel so comfortable. When we go to Normandy, I would gladly stay here again. What a bargain!

• Liked — proprietor
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank PDF00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandcamp-Maisy
Hotel Le Duguesclin
#1 of 1 in Quineville
Ibis Bayeux Port en Bessin
Ibis Bayeux Port en Bessin
#2 of 3 in Port-en-Bessin-Huppain

Been to Les Pieris? Share your experiences!