“Great diving and experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Fish Divers Bunaken

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great diving and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Over Chinese New Year 2014, we stayed for 5 days in Bunaken - lucky with the weather as it was really nice unlike the previous weeks, thus full use was made of the pool. Our 5 year old fully enjoyed playing with the owners 2 children, as well as coming out snorkeling on the reefs.
Diving was very well organised and briefed - one guide to the 2 of us for most of the time, allowing us ther freedom to dive a bit deeper, but alos spotting a large array of unusual (generally macro) life.

Room Tip: cottages facing pool are great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

It is a very good resort, comfortable bungalows with brand-new mattresses, anti-mosquito electric devices (no need for a mosquito net), electricity 24/24, HOT water, cleaned every day; very good food; diving excellent with especially designed boats, excellent guides, new material(when you hire it), staff are all helpful and smiling, and the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: The bungalows all surround a central swimming pool and are separate but still not very far from one...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We came here for my PADI open water diver course. We left with 3 certificates, extra days added to our stay in Bunaken. Who is to blame, you might ask?

First of all - the location, although some might miss seeing some more sea from their bungalows, i'd honestly say its one of the prime locations on the island - while in Bunaken, we walked the other coast, to find it covered in all sorts of litter and mess. Can't tell you how happy we were to choose TFD.

Secondly - the dive staff - if you want to learn something about diving - TFD is the place for that. Dion is one incredible instructor, so were Sandy and Hiro. They even offer FREE twinset and sidemount tryouts!

Thirdly - The equipment is almost new, in peak condition. I guess that adds some sort of extra safety for your dives.

The pool - awesome and big, if you're just bored of the salts or want to take a fast dip. Or read a book nearby. Sadly they cut a huge coconut tree by the pool.

The rooms - modest, but clean and the showers are hot. The beds were fine too.

The food - honestly - we were afraid after reading some reviews and me being picky about my food options. But the food was fine, not boring at all over 10 days of stay. It's less spicy than in Manado, but a bowl of fresh sambal was always there, waiting for the ones that need some of the extra fire in their meal. Apparently the management does read the reviews and they DO adjust to the opion. Thumbs up!

THANK YOU TFD for incredible time and all the new friends we've met.
Hey TWO FISH DIVERS, your're best in Bunaken! Keep it up!

1 Thank Creepinside
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed in early January for the Open Water diver course and loved it! The diving was amazing, and the staff at Two Fish were friendly and helpful beyond standard. The food was tasty and healthy and the room was comfortable. In particular, our dive instructor, Sandy, was outstanding. She was very knowledgable and happily answered all the questions we had (which were a lot -- I was nervous!). I hope to one day make it back. Thank you for the fantastic experience, Two Fish!!

1 Thank hilljess
lisboa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stay at Two fish divers Bunaken from 1 jan - 9 jan 2014
We loved the atmosphere almost loke a family.
Diving is soberb, with a guide only for us (thanks rolli)
we stayed on deluxe cottage, clean and spacious.
Very nice walk to the bunaken village (only 20 min from resort), and tanjung parigi (45 min from resort).
Thanks Tina and Nigel, Please keep the resort like it is.

Luis e Paula

1 Thank lmbr83
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We had mixed feelings about this resort and swayed between rating it two or three stars. Everything seemed clean and we had the basics, but nothing other than the dive staff were really fantastic. Our guide was awesome at spotting the macro critters on the wall and seemed content to stay down to the limits of our air. They did a great job taking care of our gear too. However, our first day out they put way too many people on the boat. Since the boat has zero storage for guests, we were constantly stepping on each other. And the staff was too polite I guess to remind the other guests not to smoke towards the rear of the boat. We had a tough time getting away from all the second-hand smoke.

The cottage we stayed in was clean and had a hammock on the deck, which was a nice touch. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable though. Sheets were rough and we could feel the springs and struts in the mattress. We were there in wet season and everything was always damp, including the sheets. A light weight blanket would have made it more tolerable. Water pressure was good and shower had hot water. No mosquito nets on the beds, but the screens on the windows seemed to keep them out.

The bar in the sand was a nice place to hang out and we were happy the Internet connection worked there as it didn't in our room. We enjoyed the pool, which we were surprised was warm, and the grounds were nicely maintained. Food was not great - it was rather bland, but tolerable.

Our one big complaint was the way the office management handled our transfers and checkout. They sent us an email a few days before our arrival asking if we could change our departure date because they had not staffed appropriately. We didn't have that flexibility due to flights. They ended up hiring a boat from the village to make it work, but they passed that price on to us rather than honoring what they originally quoted us. Checkout was a disaster. It took them two hours to complete the process for both couples. I've never seen a resort make things more difficult on the customer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica B
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I did my Divemaster internship with Two Fish in both Bunaken and Lembeh for four weeks in July and August last year.

As an 18 year old travelling alone, I found this was the perfect place to be. Admittedly I had little involvement in the paying of the trip (it was a gift from my parents) so I can't honestly say anything to do with that, but it was a wonderful experience I will never forget.

The staff - from the dive guides to the instructors and managers - were all lovely and kind. The guests, in particular the fellow DMTs, we're very welcoming as I was especially nervous travelling a long way alone for the first time. The way Two Fish works with long tables at meal times invites the guests to interact with each other and that was honestly the only way I actually managed to talk to anyone. Without that, I would have been too nervous.

The budget room was basic and I had to share a bathroom but honestly, I was not expecting anything more. The food was good - although I couldn't tolerate the spiciness, I found away around that as the kitchen staff brought me Tempe or tofu instead. Everyone is helpful and kind and I had a wonderful experience.

I would also like to make a special comment about the diving. Bunaken is a wonderful place to dive but the Two Fish guides really take you into consideration. Heskiel was my main guide (I believe he's now in Lembeh) and he was so good with me. He had only just begun guiding when I was there and officially, I believe I was his 'first customer'. I love turtles and he went out of his way to point the out to me on every dive, even if I could see them. The guides even planned a dive for me to Ron's Point because there are often sharks and I really wanted to see one before I moved on to Lembeh.

Two Fish is truly a wonderful place to do a DMT and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo