“DM Intern Review”

Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed with Two Fish Divers at Bunaken for six weeks in connection to my Dive Mater Internship program.

I had a splendid time! The staff is a unique combination of professional and friendly, the accommodation great and the food was very good. All in all in a very welcoming, warm and relaxing atmosphere.

As for the diving, the instructors and the dive guides are top notch and it is a thrill to dive around Bunaken.

As for my Dive Master course, I have nothing to compare with but I found my instructors very engaging and focusing on developing my skills and taking me to pro-level rather than just simply going through the curriculum to obtain the certification. I'm a much better diver now than when I started and I have my instructors Dion, Tina, Karoline and Sandy to thank for that!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I had a great time with my stayed at Two Fish resort. Staff are so friendly, have sevice-mind and very professional. I can say that was nothing that I had to ask for more becaused I was pleased with everything there. The food was delicious and accommodation was comfortable. The nature there is so pure. I definitely like to visit the Two Fish again some day!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very nice place, staff and dive guides, divemasters very friendly and pedagog.
I obtained my PADI Open water and Advanced Open Water there, I think it s a very good place to begin (or of course continue) diving.

For 20 euros : basic bungalow correct ; bungalows more expensive (40 or 50 euros) seemed of course better.

John

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We only had a week in a lull in our farm harvest mid January, but spending it at Two Fish on Bunaken Island was perfect. Despite some wind and summer rain, we got lots of great dives along the nearby walls . Great experience and confidence boosting for us relative novices, thanks to all the crew, Rolli our guide and hosts. All capped off by a session in the pool with some fancy gear to try. Thanks Sandy.
It is also great how generous our fellow diving guests have been -and the attention from all the TwoFish crew made this dive trip certainly one to talk about.
And despite 300mm of rain, and flooding in Manado on our departure day, Two Fish ensured we got there in time. Thanks for that too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Over Chinese New Year 2014, we stayed for 5 days in Bunaken - lucky with the weather as it was really nice unlike the previous weeks, thus full use was made of the pool. Our 5 year old fully enjoyed playing with the owners 2 children, as well as coming out snorkeling on the reefs.
Diving was very well organised and briefed - one guide to the 2 of us for most of the time, allowing us ther freedom to dive a bit deeper, but alos spotting a large array of unusual (generally macro) life.

Room Tip: cottages facing pool are great
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It is a very good resort, comfortable bungalows with brand-new mattresses, anti-mosquito electric devices (no need for a mosquito net), electricity 24/24, HOT water, cleaned every day; very good food; diving excellent with especially designed boats, excellent guides, new material(when you hire it), staff are all helpful and smiling, and the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: The bungalows all surround a central swimming pool and are separate but still not very far from one...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We came here for my PADI open water diver course. We left with 3 certificates, extra days added to our stay in Bunaken. Who is to blame, you might ask?

First of all - the location, although some might miss seeing some more sea from their bungalows, i'd honestly say its one of the prime locations on the island - while in Bunaken, we walked the other coast, to find it covered in all sorts of litter and mess. Can't tell you how happy we were to choose TFD.

Secondly - the dive staff - if you want to learn something about diving - TFD is the place for that. Dion is one incredible instructor, so were Sandy and Hiro. They even offer FREE twinset and sidemount tryouts!

Thirdly - The equipment is almost new, in peak condition. I guess that adds some sort of extra safety for your dives.

The pool - awesome and big, if you're just bored of the salts or want to take a fast dip. Or read a book nearby. Sadly they cut a huge coconut tree by the pool.

The rooms - modest, but clean and the showers are hot. The beds were fine too.

The food - honestly - we were afraid after reading some reviews and me being picky about my food options. But the food was fine, not boring at all over 10 days of stay. It's less spicy than in Manado, but a bowl of fresh sambal was always there, waiting for the ones that need some of the extra fire in their meal. Apparently the management does read the reviews and they DO adjust to the opion. Thumbs up!

THANK YOU TFD for incredible time and all the new friends we've met.
Hey TWO FISH DIVERS, your're best in Bunaken! Keep it up!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple