“Fantastically Friendly”

Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Second visit to Two Fish, splitting one week here at Bunaken and a second week at Lembeh. the diving here was as good as ever - so much fish life, including Eagle Rays and Barracuda. The resort has expanded a bit since I was last here - there's now a swimming pool and a bar, and I suspect the new fountain is finished by now as well. Life at Two Fish is simple and uncomplicated - the staff are great, food is good with decent variety, the rooms are large and very clean, and everybody is so friendly. The dive staff even assemble your gear every day, and rinse it too! The two-resort transfer between Bunaken and Lembeh is very easy - we dived in the morning, showered, had a quick lunch and, after a boat trip and drive, arrived in Lembeh late afternoon. Highly recommended, and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2014

On the first place I would like to thank the staff for their hospitality!
We had a great time, the dive-spots are great!! The food is good.. The cottages are also very nice and clean. And of course the new renovated pool was nice after diving. I really recommend this dive-spot. You see a lot of interesting fish, turtles, sharks... And Irfan.. thank you for taking care of our son (10 yrs) while he made his first dives in tropical open water. Recommend both places, also in Lembeh.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annick v
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff are all quite lovely. Friendly, helpful and very flexible. I wanted to change my package several times - it was never a problem.
Stayed in the budget room - it's not exactly classy, but it's clean, secure, mosquito proof, there's hot water, and I slept very well.
Two Fish promise small group diving. For several of my dives here it was just me and the guide. When it wasn't, they tried to match divers' experience when organizing the groups. And my guide was excellent.
The resort itself is superb, very good meals, plenty of fish guides and a good selection of reading materials. Unreservedly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I first visited Manado almost 10 years ago, and vowed always to return, which we finally did this year. We chose Two Fish, because that was the operation we originally used in Bunaken, plus the dive operator that we used in Lembeh is no longer around. Having read the reviews at both, we decided to split our trip between both Two Fish locations.
I can definitely say it was a great decision. We have reviewed Lembeh separately on Trip Advisor, but both in our opinion are first class.
Two Fish on Manado has expanded hugely since our first visit, when it was just a few huts, into a very beautiful and professionally run operation, that still manages to provide a cosy and welcoming feel. it caters for all, from real budget travellers through to lovely individual bungalows. The pool is a welcome addition for chilling in between and after dives.
The staff, instructors and guides are all very friendly and looked after us very well, as did Tina the owner, who always seemed to want to hear our stories for the day.
Tina and Nigel have built a fantastic set up - Thank you so much for a making our return to Manado so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MurciaDivechick
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I think what makes this resort really stand out is the high quality of the instructors. I was able to take a course with Sandy and she was fantastic! They are really committed to improving your skills and making sure you master everything, they take the time to explain anything you don't fully understand no matter how exhausted they are from a very long day and for the teaching alone I would give 5 stars. I also appreciated the environmental awareness and I believe divers should be more conscious of the impact they are having on the reef and what they can do in terms of improvement.
The resort itself is definitely on the budget end and I almost get a backpacker vibe from it which isn't bad or anything but I do know other resorts on the island that are cheaper and offer better rooms and food so in terms of the value I guess it fell short for me. The rooms are nothing special and neither is the food, they don't need to change this if they are happy to position themselves as a budget resort, but as mentioned, I've stayed in cheaper places on Bunaken that provided lovely charming rooms and delicious home-cooked local meals with tons of flavour and freshness.
So all in all for the resort I'd give it 3 stars and for the dive centre 5 stars which gives an average of 4.
I still love diving there even after 4 trips, the walls still impress me, the colours and the critters have kept me interested. Hope it stays that way.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at Two Fish for 5 night and 4 days of diving (13 Dives). I loved the atmosphere it's look like a family. Dives are superb and max 4 guest for each dive guide. The boat are very well organized and the staff - from the dive guides to the instructors and managers - were all lovely and kind (always smiling and singing)
The cottage was spacious and clean, the food was traditional Indonesian fare, with a few Western dishes.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank giorgins
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I spent a great week at Two Fish Divers, Bunaken. I travelled in a group of 10 divers, we were made very welcome. The staff took the time to learn each of our names, and my vegetarian diet was accommodated effortlessly. The bungalows were clean and fit for purpose, I enjoyed relaxing in the hammock on the deck and chilling out in the nice pool. Looking forward to planning a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2014