A very small divers resort, max 20 guest, on an island without cars. Lovely wooden bungalows with soft bed, klambu, fan and a terrace with hammock that's great for snoozing after lunch. Shower, toilet and sink, all with lukewarm running water from the well in the village nearby. (Wow I guess this means you're showering in springwater! Maybe that's why my hair is feeling so soft and smooth right now, even after 9 days of diving in the sea) The water has to be brought in by boat every day, so make sure you don't spill any of it 'cause otherwise everybody is without water. In case of rain: there's an umbrella in every bungalow. Internet is possible but not always.
Fresh fruits at every meal like papaya, bananas and the sweetest pineapple I ever tasted. At breakfast you can order any type of eggs you like and there's bread, pancakes and rice or noodles. Lunch and dinner five or six dishes with fresh vegetables, meat, fish and soy-varieties.
About the diving: stunning walls with strong currents, some slopes and muckdiving also (that's diving face down, looking for camouflaged little things hidden in the sand, and there are a lot of them). Bunaken is famous for the pygmee seahorses and the dive-guides are all experts in finding them. I saw three different species. They're really really small so remember to bring your macrolens! Also lots of turtles and nudies. All the coral is very much alive and there's lots of fish.
Small wooden boats, all in good condition with multiple engines. I have my own equipment and all of it was washed very thouroughly every day. Nitrox is available and also facilities to do your own tecdiving. (And ask Terry to show you his pictures, he's got some really great ones!)
All in all: It's just the perfect place for divers and people looking for a complete shutdown of input but not for ladies with high heels.
- send word about your arrival so they can pick you up in Manado.
- close your eyes and listen to the jungle and the sea
- bring a small torch,
- be sure to bring watershoes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No fancy stars, bells, whistles, or exaggerated advertising, just a dive resort with a fantastic friendly atmosphere, delicious mixed Indonesian-Western meals, classic wooden bungalows closest to the sea, the all important creature comforts, welcoming resort staff who love to give personalized attention, a modern PADI dive center with professional team, a restaurant over the sea with spectacular unmatched views, large range of PADI dive courses, and other water sport activities & land tours all rolled in to a quality economical package. We look forward to have you join us :) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bunaken Divers - Sea Breeze Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.