“Very Nice owners.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Bunaken Island Resort
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I Booked here (prepaid) a few months ago via Agoda when I was researching our dive trip to Bunaken. I didn't actually end up staying here. We have kids and we ended up choosing somewhere that had a pool. Anyway somehow I had missed canceling this booking, I truly thought I had cancelled it. I arrived to Bunaken Saturday and received a cell phone call from Agoda telling me that the Bunaken Island Resort hotel was trying to reach me to set up boat transport. My heart started to do little flip flops knowing that there must be an error somewhere and could I have possibly forgotten to cancel this reservation. As soon as I got to my hotel I called the Bunaken Island Dive Resort and spoke with Frank the owner. He and his wife were very kind. They actually took the time to meet with me at the hotel I was staying at to discuss a resolution for a refund. Frank said that they had wanted to contact me for a few days but could not get any contact info for me from Agoda. Frank was kind enough to agree to charge me for only one nights stay and refund the other 2 nights. Knowing the resort would not be able to rent out the 2 villas with full board I had booked I thought this was fair. Thanks to Frank and his wife for taking the time to see me. It made it a bit easier to actually enjoy my next few days on the Island. I do wish however that Agoda had a better policy about emailing a confirmation reminder.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brawijaya

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at Bunaken Island Dive resort in September 2013 for five days after traveling through several parts of Indonesia. The purpose for our visit was to relax for the last five days of our trip and to explore the underwater world. Bunaken Island Dive resort exceeded all our expectations for both purposes!

First of all, the resort is marvelously located. It is built against and on top of a hill overlooking the blue lagoon. A short walk down the stairs will take you to a white sand beach which is private property of the resort. The bungalows are fantastic as well and very clean. The rooms contain air conditioning and fans. Another great feature is the service by the staff. Frank (the Dutch owner) and his wife create an open and welcoming atmosphere on the island. This is further enhanced by the meals which are all eaten together in the main building. This is a very nice way to get to know your fellow travelers and share your (diving) experiences. And if you want some time for yourself, you can always go back to your bungalow. All food is being prepared with fresh products. Fishermen visit the island and sell their catches as well. We have eaten three days from the catch of a local fisherman with the entire resort!

The diving school is also very professional, has good equipment and has great instructors. The instructors take their time for divers of all levels. We did not have any experience and were given a very good instruction before starting our diving experience. A number of excursions are also possible (including a must: the dolphin trip).

To be short, Bunaken Island Dive Resort is very close to paradise! If you are looking for a relaxing place to chill out and to dive, this is were you should go!

Room Tip: Ask for Bungalow number 5! The view is absolutely magnificent!
1  Thank Marius N
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We spent 12 nights at Bunaken Island Resort. We stayed in a spacious sea view bungalow which was cozy and clean. The staff both at the resort and diving center was very friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious and diversified with a lot of fresh fish, and fresh fruits for desert. The breakfast is european with home made bread and banana pancakes, yummy :) The diving equipment was maintained well and there are long wetsuits. The underwater world at Bunaken is amazing. The reefs are filled with healthy corals. Snorkeling is also very nice. At high tide swimming at the resorts beach was very nice. At low tide it can be a bit tricky to get out into the deeper water.
We could relax ourselves and would recommend this place to our friends!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Bunaken Island Resort is a very special place to stay. Cute, spacious bungalows adorn the hill side with wonderful balconies. They are air-conditioned & each have good bathrooms attached. Power is conserved daily & shuts down in the afternoon which is fine. Lie on a hammock in the afternoon breeze if you find time to steal yourself away from the magical reef. The hotel restaurant is the hub of the resort for guest. Staff are beautiful & so helpful. Food is delicious. Pancakes, cereal, toast or a selection of eggs for breakfast. Lunch & dinner are a selection of yummy local dishes that also cater for vegetarians shared by all staying guests. Beautiful fresh cooking with lovely flavours. This is a lovely time for guests to get to know each other which we really enjoyed. There is also a cushioned lounging area with a stunning view at the front of restaurant that we frequently used. Evelyn heads the beautiful staff and will help you with anything required, diving, massage, laundry or how to walk into Bunaken Village. An advanced diver, she loves & knows the island well.

We stayed 5 nights & simply don't want to leave.

Lisa, Matthew, Lisette & Rex (Australia)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LisaPeaTraveller
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We spent one week at Bunaken Island Resort.. The place is amazing, the food excellent and the staff very friendly!! The sunset from the terrace of the restorant is the most impressive in Bunaken.. One of the best place for diving in Indonesia!!

1  Thank Federico A
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very overpriced, Terrible price to quality ratio
The dutch owner is there only 6 weeks per year and has no control over his local staff
The beach is dirty, the rooms not made, backpacker style but luxury hotel prices. No electricity during the day (the hottest time), no running water either. A very disappointing place on the whole, especially compared to other resorts on the island which offer the same at much lower prices or similar prices but for a much better quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Patricia256
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Charming resort with nice traditional bungalows and pretty gardens. Excellent location right in the middle of one of the world's best diving and snorkelling areas (Bunaken Marine National Park) with intact and overwhelming coral reef life. Very good and professional PADI dive center connected with it (Panorama Dive Center). The staff are VERY obliging and the food excellent Indonesian home-style cooking. The grain of salt refers to a) the beach which is not very appealing (old sunloungers, no decent padding, an ugly wooden wall to keep the water away); b) the dive center compressor is situated right under the three nicest bungalows type "ocean-view" and makes a lot of noise; c) the whole bay is full of trash (apart from the limited area cleaned by the resort), especially (but not only) after a storm. Divers are not so much affected by this but snorkellers are and the resort is therefore definitely not the right place for a typical beach holiday. Having said that we went there for diving and we had a great time as long as we didn't leave the resort on foot. Eco-tourists would be disappointed but for us it was a wonderful diving holiday. PS: No shops close by so bring enough insect repellent, sweets, shampoo etc. with you. Or order them with the staff who will bring them from Manado city when they go shopping every approx. 3 days.

Room Tip: Bungalows 4 and 5 still have ocean views but are further away from the compressor and are therefore...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Siladen Island
Onong Resort
Onong Resort
#3 of 45 in Manado

Been to Bunaken Island Resort? Share your experiences!