“Didn't Want to Leave”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Bunaken Island Resort
Geoje, South Korea
“Didn't Want to Leave”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fantastic food! I could eat those corn fritters for breakfast lunch and dinner, everyday! Eveline was a lovely host. Be aware, this is not a hotel. It's a small island; power and water pressure during the day may be sketchy. Regardless, who needs power when you are surrounded by the most amazing diving and snorkeling in the world?

There was quite a storm before I arrived and it brought a lot of garbage from Manado. People were working a lot to get it cleaned up. This is NOT the fault of the resort though.

A short walk will take you to calm water on the other side of the island for fantastic snorkeling!

I recommend packing very light. I totally overpacked. There is a small snack/drink place just behind the resort.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room that faces the sea but not the one over the dive shop! Noisy at certain t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie70

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family had a great time scuba diving, snorkeling, just chilling out and enjoying yummy meals with no distraction from tv or phone calls. Our host, Evelyn, was a fun and friendly host, Sven was a very skillful dive instructor and guide, the locals were ever willing to bring us anywhere we wanted to go. We encountered hundreds of dolphins twice, exhilarating experiences! Resort is built on a hillside with a beautiful view of the sea, mountain n spectacular sunsets. Bungalows, furniture n furnishings were built with excellent craftsmanship and tastefully decorated. Four days of peace and quiet in a relaxing and beautiful setting with my family was bliss!

• Stayed June 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 7th time in Indonesia I visited Bunaken Island Resort. When you fly to Mandado, just before landing you can see the 2 islands; Manado Tua and Bunaken already, looks great in the early morning sun.

Once i got to the Island i had a real warm welcome of the staff and they were helpful with my luggage. My bungalow was clean and very nice decorated and i had a great view over the ocean and at night i had a very nice sunset view over the island Manado Tua.

The food served every day was delicious and various, i really enjoyed that.

Next to diving and snorkling the island has lots of other great stuff to see or do.

I had a great time on the island and especially Bunaken Island Resort, compared with the other resorts, if you concider to visit Bunaken, the place to be is Bunaken Island Resort!

Room Tip: All the bungalows are really the same and have a great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MartijnBeekmans
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I had a perfect stay in this Resort.
The staff is incredibely friendly. They helped me with everything I asked for.
They have a really nice garden. The village is not far. Beaches are just in the front of the resort and there is a breathtaking view. I enjoyed the beautiful sunset everyday.
The food is perfect. I really get spoiled with food. It taste wonderful.
The accomodation it worth for the price. Aircon and fan is in the room as the nights can be hot here. They have very good matrazes.
Best divingspot I have ever been in my life.
I definitly can recommend this place and iam looking forwrd to come back again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ouajdi1
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I truly loved staying in this resort for 5 nights surrounded by beautiful scenery, flowers, greens, and the best of all was the great seafood provided for every lunch and dinner. You can arrange the diving tour here and they are very professional to take you around the best corals in the island. Also, you MUST do the Dolphin diving because I could never ask for more dolphins in my life ! Eveline, the resort manager was very kind and friendly and she really helped us have the best time in the resort. This place will make you forget about everything and simply make you smile. I miss it already! Thank you Eveline and Sven for the awesome memory in my life.

Room Tip: Do the Dolphin Diving !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie Y
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spent 4 nights here recently and loved it. Fantastic views over the water to the volcano Manado Tua. Food was terrific, plentiful, varied, fresh and delicious. Evaline is an amazing host who makes you feel welcome and accommodates your needs. Diving is easy enough to do with boats leaving from the beach. Sven comes in the evening to inform you of the next days' program. Room was large, spacious and comfortable. Shower was great, even loved the soap!
There are some realities that I anticipated and knew about before arrival. Electricity is generator provided from 5pm to 8am. WIFI was not working properly and could not work in the room. But seriously you are on an island holiday, spend more time looking at the most brilliant sunsets as the sun drops into the sea right next to the dormant volcano manado tua. And who needs electricity when there are literally millions of fish right outside your doorstep. The weather was wonderful, the transfers fairly painless etc. I would advise an Indonesian SIM card as it may have been a pain in the butt if I wasn't able to SMS Evaline when I arrived. Otherwise, I not only will return, but eagerly anticipate when I can return. From the brilliant diving, to the amazing people I met while staying there this is one of the highlights of my year for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the sea as possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank terryrlinton
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I Booked here (prepaid) a few months ago via Agoda when I was researching our dive trip to Bunaken. I didn't actually end up staying here. We have kids and we ended up choosing somewhere that had a pool. Anyway somehow I had missed canceling this booking, I truly thought I had cancelled it. I arrived to Bunaken Saturday and received a cell phone call from Agoda telling me that the Bunaken Island Resort hotel was trying to reach me to set up boat transport. My heart started to do little flip flops knowing that there must be an error somewhere and could I have possibly forgotten to cancel this reservation. As soon as I got to my hotel I called the Bunaken Island Dive Resort and spoke with Frank the owner. He and his wife were very kind. They actually took the time to meet with me at the hotel I was staying at to discuss a resolution for a refund. Frank said that they had wanted to contact me for a few days but could not get any contact info for me from Agoda. Frank was kind enough to agree to charge me for only one nights stay and refund the other 2 nights. Knowing the resort would not be able to rent out the 2 villas with full board I had booked I thought this was fair. Thanks to Frank and his wife for taking the time to see me. It made it a bit easier to actually enjoy my next few days on the Island. I do wish however that Agoda had a better policy about emailing a confirmation reminder.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Siladen Island
Raja Laut Dive Resort
Raja Laut Dive Resort
#3 of 16 in Bunaken Island

Been to Bunaken Island Resort? Share your experiences!