“Best value you can get i asia.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Panorama Backpackers
“Best value you can get i asia.”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Yepp its true, in 3 months travelling in Aisa, I have never etaten such good food, with such a nice view in such a cozy - zen mode setting for so little money. We used to joke about if it was the food you payed for or the accomdation since it's so dirt cheap. I will remember the food for years to be honest. Its a great place to meet backpackers and families traveling that are on a budget.

When it comes to the rooms, of course, you get what you pay for, have no illusions, but they are very clean and tidy. Staff is very friendly. I have nothing negative to say about the diveshop, Sven who is a very nice guy runs it very well, did only one dive due to ear problems so cant say anything about the other dive masters, but the other divers seemed pleased and they are easy to talk to, diving gear is totally ok.

I will will come back here in the future, need to take revenge on the diving I missed out on, you should too!

Room Tip: Could be a good idea to make reservations to get the beachfront bungalows, its worth 50 000 RP extra...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Unevik

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at Panorama for 7 nights, the room we had was very basic but had everything we needed shower, toilet fan and bed I would describe the Huts as rustic but they are charming If you are used to Luxury this is not the place for you. There does seem to be some newer modern rooms but because we were on a budget this was perfect for us. When we go to places like this we only see the room as a place to sleep, and I would rather spend my money on tours and dives. The room we had had a balcony with a hammock perfect for reading a book.

Our package included our Dives and food too. Food was amazing they made a Jack fruit curry which was my favourite and there was enough variety, if you don't like fish you might not agree though as we had fish 5 days out of 7 for me this is perfect as I love it. The diving here is so good, Sven the owner is so knowledgeable and we had great dive masters. I attempted my first night dive which I dreaded, but when we got out on the water and to the dive site the water was so clear and warm it put me at ease. The thing I loved about the diving here there is great visability, and plenty of coral and small sea creatures the colours are amazing. My tip for here would be go shopping in Manado before you leave pack plenty of Mossie repelent, buy snack's like crisp's and sweets and take a little torch the closet shop is a bit of a walk away. I would also recomend taking a few books with you or a pack of cards, it is a very social place as you eat dinner with other travellers here and we had some great nights just sitting around talking with the other guest. I can't wait to come back here. If you go in the shoulder season/ off season prices are much cheaper.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the old huts that have a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jordiewait
Switzerland
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed at Panorama for 3 night. The bungalows were simple but clean, with a western style toilet and a big balcony. There was plenty of food, fresh and delicious with a lot of fruits and fresh fish. We also tried a few more expensive resort on Bunaken and Siladen (Lorenzos, Marta and Tanta Moon), but we liked Panorama the most. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The divemaster came every dinner to ask us for joining the divers for snorkelling, sometimes for free or very cheap. (20000 in compare to other resorts which want 150000) The beach is not for swimming as Bunkaken is unfortunately very dirty, but the snorkelling trips were great. If you look for a good budget place, definitely the place to go.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple