The resort is fine, basic and simple but nice, and the food is very good.
About diving, I must say I have never felt safe with the equipments, and with the staff lack of responsibility :
- The equipment is old and not well maintained : the air was really smelly when I arrived; I complained several times and after it was better, so I guess we have to ask for good air ...
- I noticed a lick in the regulator on the boat, and one of the boat staff said to me "No problemo !!" Well, we were supposed to dive till 30m, so a lick is a problem, and especially when the lick is strong enough you can clearly hear it on the boat ! Of course I asked for a new regulator, and I got one. Under water I got a small lick again, in the inflator, so I asked to carry on the dive up to 15m ... after that I start being stressed by each equipment, knowing that the staff was not that concerned about my safety !!
- My guide was not professional : first he was a little bit too much familiar with me, which is not helping making me feel comfortable, also one day he took a beer between the two morning dives .... and finally he was not able to show me much in general.
- The resort manager proposed to 2 beginner divers - with the Open Water and only 12 dives - to go deep to 40m !! And also to dive at night ... I told him they could not do that with their level, he said that with them it was possible ... Knowing they do not have any emergency equipment, I was shocked by this behaviour. The beginner divers were too ...
So, please, stay with them on earth, but do not dive here, especially if you are unexperienced.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bunaken Kuskus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.