Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort
  • Pool
Cakalang Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
The 4 Fish(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$49
Agoda.com
Two Fish Divers Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Bunaken Kuskus Resort(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
US$43
  • Restaurant
Froggies Divers Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
US$143
US$774
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe managersdive resortgreat divingac roommassage roomnice sea viewwonderful instructorclown fishsunset viewsetting sunfriendly local staffsound of the wavesmacro crittersnice clean roomslocated directly at the beachopen waterread a book
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

After the two morning dives with Bastianos Lembeh I have transferred after the lunch to Bastianos Bunaken and arrived there around 5 PM after a 2.5 hr trip incl. 40 min. boat ride to Bunaken island.
The transport was smooth and well organized. After arriving in Bunaken I were welcomed by Juanita first. Later Tom the resort manager has given me a brief introduction.
Bastianos Bunaken is pretty much the same as in Lembeh, it’s just a little bit bigger and have a white sand beach in front of the resort.
I booked a 20 dive package, all done in 7 days! Diving starts here later at 8.30 AM which is more comfortable than in Lembeh (starts at 7.30 AM).
Two morning dives and one afternoon dive is the standard schedule. You may also do an additional Mandarin dive / Night dive. Diving here is of course not the same as in Lembeh, most of the dive sites are wall-diving, really huge walls cover with a lot of soft- and hard corals and as well big seafan. You even sometime could not see the bottom, just the deep blue ocean. I assuming it goes down deep like couple of hundred meters. There are a lot of turtles at many dive sites, not sure why turtles like to hang around at Bunaken island. I have seen also some black-tip reef sharks patrolling along the wall at around 25-30 meter depth. At the dive sites beside the volcano, you can find there giant frogfishes. I have spotted four of them, all in different colors.
I have got a standard room with fan only, same as in Lembeh, but here in Bunaken the evening is not that chilled as in Lembeh therefore even the fan runs it’s still warm in the room.
However, that was not an issue for me at all. I have felt asleep quickly in the night as I was very tired every night after whole day diving. Also the bed is very comfy, makes you feel comfortable. My room was on a higher level with my private balcony, got a beautiful view to the beach, sea and volcano. stunning sunset!

All things considered, it was a pleasant stay with Bastianos dive resort in Bunaken. The staff are all nice, helpful and easygoing to connect.
I can recommend without hesitation to anyone to stay with Bastianos who wants to dive in Bunaken.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank tsenroute
Tom S, General Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello Tommy.

Thank you so much, to take the time to write this very detailed,informative and great review.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and the diving with us at Bastianos Bunaken.
We hope that we can welcome you here once again in the not to far future.
All the best for you from all the team at Bastianos Buanken.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is my third time at Bastianos Bunaken and also made a trip to Bastianos Lembeh this time for a muck dive experience. Truly feels like home now when I go. The staff always smiling and friendly; the rooms clean and comfortable. The scuba vacation part is great if you don’t want to, you never have to lift a finger with your equipment your guide does it all while you stay. The reefs and walls amazing even with a bit or rain and weather we had. Lembeh transfer is very comfortable and they make it so easy between properties. Also a beautiful resort but lots of stairs up and down at Lembeh and good work out. The balconies are nice and pool bar a plus.

Hmmm so anything not so good.... well I had a good stock of wine ( one choice only but didn’t run out) the alcohol selection seems to be getting worse each year and one night we ran out of everything but wine and vodka, I left the next day so not sure when it was replenished. The food is about the same as always, such an easy area to add to this experience if a good chef worked here. The service is great in dining room, but food variety would go along way to add even more value.

The garbage on the beach was well handled by staff daily cleaning as it washes ashore from the ocean, but always something that surprises people..... if I can just say, please please all who read limit your plastic use when ever you can.... it is floating to all places on this planet....

Awesome stay thank you !!!!!❤️❤️

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello Lisa,

thank you so much for your great review.
We love to read your comments about your stay and diving with us.
Guess you had an awesome stay for the main reason that yourself are an amazing person.
Be assured the alcohol selection was replenished the very next day. :-)
There is plans at Bastianos Bunaken to hire another chef with a greater experience in western cuisine even if
usual mix of local and western cuisine we offer is mostly well appreciated by our guest.
As well we just can underline your words about limiting personal plastic use when ever there is a possibility.
Very true words.
We feel very honored that you feel at home in our scuba paradise.
However, your scuba paradise home is awaiting your fourth visit in the hopefully not too far future.
Thank you Lisa for being such a great guest at Bastianos Bunaken.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Had the most incredible week with the staff at Bastianos - Linda, Miss J, Raflee, Princess Rahel, etc - everyone made us feel part of the family. In addition - the diving was gorgeous, the beach/island lovely, and the FOOD at Batianos was amazing! It's a great value for the accommodations and services!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ableecker
Tom S, General Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear guest,

thank you so much for you great review and the high rating of your stay with us. All the staff was very happy when they hear about your review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the diving, the food, beach and the athmosphere in our resort and hope to see you again in Bastianos Bunaken.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We came to Bastianos Bunaken from Bastianos Lembeh (organized by Nina from Dive Adventures, Sydney - great travel agent) for a 4-night stay. The resorts are similar, with comfortable, adequately sized rooms, good A/C, and pleasant views from the balcony (although these rooms were attached rather than the separate bungalows at Lembeh). The diving is great - clear water, lovely corals, and a wide variety of critters (like nudis) and fish. The dive master (who was the same for all 8 dives) was great at finding the unusual. We saw many frog fish (rare where we usually dive), a variety of clown fish, and wonderful soft and hard coral gardens, among many other sights). The boats were equipped with camera tanks, were spacious and comfortable, and had an excellent crew. Drinks and snacks were provided. We dove with a maximum of 6 other divers (with two dive masters). Bunaken is more suited to a variety of divers, and we saw and dove with several beginning divers as well as more experienced. There were times when the dive sites were busy, especially with Chinese tourists. The resort had a separate camera room. The resort staff was really fun and helpful. We had many pleasant conversations with Rhome (the resort manager and a dive master herself) and others on the staff. Meals were buffet style but tasty and a combination of Indonesian and western dishes (much like Bastianos Lembeh). As with Lembeh, it was fun to meet divers from all over the world.

Room Tip: We had a "Superior A/C" room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John K
Tom S, General Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear John,

thanks for your great review and thank you that you take the time to write this detailed feedback.
All the staff takes great pleasure to hear about happy guest having a good diving holiday with us.
We hope to welcome you another time in our resorts.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend Bastiano’s Bunaken Dive Resort!

The service is very good, very clean resort, very friendly staff, good food, nicely laid out. I was only visiting with my wife and friends for the afternoon. We all had lunch there and I really enjoyed my self. Next time I come to Bunaken I will be staying there and will have the time of my life!! This resort also has very easy access from the boat and very beautiful scenery for taking pictures!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

Dear Christopher,

Thank you so much for your nice review!
We will be very happy to welcome you with friends and family next time you are on Bunaken.

Greetings from Bastianos staff