“Fantastic! As a dive center and as a place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Lembeh
Froggies Divers Lembeh
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! As a dive center and as a place to stay!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Obviously people come to Lembeh first and foremost for the diving and Froggies doesn't disappoint. Excellent divemasters, very patient and good at spotting all the tiny critters! Really friendly boat crew and a lovely boat, very good kit if you need to hire it, and of course the muck diving is just amazing! But Froggies really excels as a place to stay as well - the bungalows are just gorgeous, with a stunning view of the sunset over the harbour. The food is varied and excellent (and lots of it) and there's a lovely peaceful atmosphere. Chris and Kiara are always on hand to explain to you what the hell you just saw or to help in anyway. I had a really lovely stay, can't fault it one bit!

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We arrived in the evening and were collected from the airport by Stephen who was great, good English and even better taste in classic rock music :-) who brought us to the harbour then a very short boat trip across to the resort on Lembeh. Chris and Kiara met us despite it being 9pm and had kindly arranged to have dinner made late for us.
The room was excellent, we had a superior cabin, very spacious, plenty of plug sockets for our diving essentials, cool, quiet and with a beautiful view (and 114 steps up to keep your fitness up too!). Bed was comfy, I slept like a log every night.
Diving was well organised, our kit collected the first morning and looked after every day from then on, rinsed each night and put together each day. The tanks and what we saw of the rental kit was all in good condition.
The diving is 2 morning dives in one trip (with a snack between), then an afternoon dive and evening dive or manderin dive on ?Mondays. We had a guide for two or four of us most of the time whilst the less experienced friends we were travelling with had their own guide for the two of them every day (not a complaint, a sensible arrangement!). The boat was rather full on some occasions as one of their boats is out of action, however a new bigger boat was '2 hours' away from being finished when we left (note that's an Indonesian 2 hours) - which has been designed to be more spacious. Once that is done between the two boats they will hopefully have as many boat spaces as accommodation spaces (recently Chris has been having to manage the shortfall by renting boats when needed).
The dives were our first muck dives and I really enjoyed having the camera to capture all the critters. I was really disappointed in my photos on the 1st day and one of the other guests told me that Chris had massively improved her photography the previous year. So I had a chat with him, he charges E50 for a session of theory, usually at least one coaching dive and a session of post dive photo processing and review. It's not a course with a certification but that really doesn't interest me anyway. I went for it - it seemed a small price to pay after all I'd invested in camera and strobe to be able to actually use it! Chris is a stunning photographer and an excellent tutor, he quickly figured out the level I was at with the photography, the theory session completely changed the way I approached using the camera underwater and I went out the next day full of excitement. Unfortunately the boat was too full for Chris to join but my photos were infinitely improved. That evening Chris went through them, showed me how some basic post processing, how to rescue some I thought were a write off and what I could do differently. Worth every cent!
Chris and Kiara and their enthusiasm really make this place - they sit with the guests for dinner every night, chat, share their experiences and patiently help with the endless photo ID.
The dinner is served at 2 large tables so people sit together and you make new friends, the food is good - not every desert and snack was to my taste but that's fine, if we'd had post dive banana fritters every day I'd have needed an extra 5kg to sink! I suggest they get the chef from Bunaken to teach the chef at Lembeh to do pancakes for breakfast though ;-)
Overall a great and relaxing experience. On the final day we had planned to do 2 morning dives at Lembeh and transfer to Bunaken in the afternoon but we switched to a morning transfer to get some extra dives at Bunaken and because there was a large group arriving that day and the central office weren't being great at communicating to the resort what time they would arrive so we weren't sure if we'd be able to use our rooms at lunchtime after diving of if they would need to be prepared for the new guests.
The transfer was easy, our kit all went in a crate so we didn't really even need to pack and Stephen drove us over to Bunaken, which I will review separately.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CatB_99
Froggies_Divers, General Manager at Froggies Divers Lembeh, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you very much for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to have you here and we hope we will have the chance to see you again .

Our new boat is ready (OK, the two hours lasted a bit longer...) and we are really happy about it.
We can accommodate 12 guests and three dive guides without problem on this new ship.
It is the perfect number as we have the maximum 15 divers per dive site rule in Lembeh anyway.

Best regards from Lembeh :)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Accommodation at Froggies costs around 50 dollars per person (depending on the season and length of stay) and this is inclusive of all meals, hot drinks and mineral water. Free laundry, air-con, wifi, an afternoon knock at your door “can I please bring you afternoon snack” and an ample amount of smiles will make your stay very pleasant. That is before we even talk about diving which also adopts a ‘the more you do the cheaper they get’ policy.

Relaxed staff ask that you make a decision concerning your morning dives the previous evening, the rest you can pick as you go. The maximum number of dives per day is 4 with select days for specific dives such as the mandarinfish mating dive. The beautiful thing about Froggies is that your own air consumption determines your dive-time limits! Seen as all dives are relaxing and most of them fairly shallow we regularly reached 90 minutes. Night dives are limited to 60 minutes and get you back for dinner at 7:30pm.

Room Tip: Pay the $20 extra for the luxury cabins. Totally worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Straight_On_Detour
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Very lovely people. Excelante service. Good food.
Very neat houses and three course meals all the time. Harbor is in hotel area. Lots of corals and fish. Aircon and great showers. Very clean area. Very welcame staff. Great diving sites. Lots of different dive sites

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

It took a while to find time to write this review but Froggies Lembeh definately deserves a shout out! I went in November 2013 soon after they opened. Everything from the rooms to equipment were brand new. Chiara was a pleasure to dive with, enjoying each dive as much as I did. I saw a frog fish, pygmy seahorses, and my favorite, the blue ringed octopus just to name a few.
The entire experience from making the reservation, transportation, food, lodging and most importantly diving was world class. This is where I will be returning to next time I am in Lembeh.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Froggies_Divers, General Manager at Froggies Divers Lembeh, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Hello and thank you vey much for taking the time to review our resort.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we'll have the chance to welcome you again soon.
And if it took you a while to post this review, please be assured that it is not a problem at all. Better late than never :)
Best regards from Lembeh Island.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This trip was planned only the night before our arrival in Manado..being an absolutely last minute decision, we chose Froggies Lembeh solely based on their slogan "Laziest Dive Experiences Ever".. And without a doubt it was the best decision! Everything from the absolute last minute reservation to our departure was smooth.. Its nice that the resort crew remembered every single one of the guests' names.. The rooms are great and are strategically placed allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful sunset every evening! Our dive experience was very fulfilling and indeed "lazy" (in a good way of course!) Macro heaven indeed!

Last but not least thank you to Alfons for the prompt correspondence.. Chris and Anty for the warm welcome.. And Chris for sharing your experiences.. Cindy, Al and the rest of the restaurant crew for being so obliging and serving us with a different dish every meal! And to our dive guide Harley..this dude has macro eyes! Winston & Jamal for entertaining us on the boat.. And not forgetting Steven for bringing us for ikan majahe before our departure..!

Highly recommended and we will be back again for sure! Kudos guys and keep it up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I strongly recommend this Froggies for everyone who wanna dive in Lambeh. The hillside bungalow with a big sea-view balcony was amazing. There were big room, big bathroom and big bed, of course also cozy. All the staffs here were so nice. And they provided different meals each time! Really exceptional treat! Most importantly the dives were great just like their slogan saying Laziest Dive Experience Ever. My dive guide even helped me put on my fins! And thanks to Novi, Wilson and Kiara, we found most of the unique creatures in Lambeh. Btw, there was wifi everywhere while other resorts only have wifi at some public area. I love Froggies, surely I'll come again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Lembeh
Bastianos Lembeh Dive Resort
Lembeh Resort
Lembeh Resort
#1 of 2 in Pulau Lembeh
Eco Divers Resort Lembeh
DABIRAHE Dive, Spa and Leisure Resort (Lembeh)
Kungkungan Bay Resort
Kungkungan Bay Resort
#3 of 10 in Bitung
Cocotinos Lembeh, A Boutique Dive Lodge

Been to Froggies Divers Lembeh? Share your experiences!