“Wish I could somehow give it an extra star to set it above the rest!!”
Review of Burgoyne Hotel

and 1 more site!
Burgoyne Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Reeth
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Burgoyne stands at the head of the village green in the picture-postcard village of Reeth. It is a gorgeous building with bags of character. I stayed in the 'Keld' room which overlooks the village green and has a bay window with a seat built into it. Just amazing for sitting and watching life go by in the village.

The hotel has two lounges downstairs and the dining room is absolutely stunning. There was an excellent selection at breakfast.

The staff are friendly and really easy to talk to.

I stayed at a lot of outstanding hotels on the Coast to Coast and they were all deserved of their 5 out of 5, but I would give the Burgoyne 6 out of 5 if I could, just because it really is impressive.

I stayed here on the night of the 26th May on the Keld to Reeth section of the Coast to Coast walk. I really did wish that I could have been staying here longer, it truly is a special place and a one night stay doesn't feel like you are doing it justice!!

Room Tip: Splash out on a room at the front of the hotel, overlooking the green!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Burgoyne Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I spent a two nights dinner, bed and breakfast early last month. It proved a wonderful experience with a delightful room, marvellous food, caring staff and set in the glory of Swaledale. Highly commended.

Room Tip: Ask for the Gunnerside room, lovely views from this room.
1  Thank Ron D
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everything about this lovely georgian property exudes luxury and excellence. Immaculate attention to detail and spotlessly clean. Services levels excellent. The staff cannot do enough for you. The food was also fantastic. The only minor negatives were 1, the bathrooms although spotless could probably do with updating. Having said that because it is an old property ,it gets away with it. 2, there is only one sitting at dinner which is 7.30pm and breakfast is only served 8.30 to 9.30 am. It is a little restrictive however I would return and stay there again. We both thought the stay was a 9/10 which equates to 4.5 stars .... Since I can only pick 4 or 5 stars on Tripadvisor, I feel it's unfair to downgrade to 4 therefore I have chosen to mark it 5 star!!

Room Tip: All the rooms can be viewed on their internet site. Pictures or virtual tour.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had intended visiting as a group for sometime but our expectation was surpassed when we actually styed for two nights recently.Th welcome was warm and friendly from Julia Mo and Eileen as well as the two dogs. We had 2 fabulous dinners and great breakfasts with lots of choices. Dinners were fine dining standard and the chef is very good.
The room we had was on the ground floor with escape to the garden for our two dogs whilst our friends had lovely views from upstairs rooms overlooking Reeth Green and the hills.

Room Tip: Garden room suited us with dogs but for views ask for the front rooms upstairs.j
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank john w
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked the Burgoyne to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we stepped through the front door when we were greeted by not just Julia and Mo. but Lola and Belle their beautiful black Labradors, I could not have asked for a better welcome as I am a massive dog lover.. The hotel is very homely and comfortable and could not be in a better position right at the top of the village green. The food,( we had breakfast and evening meal,) was beautifully cooked and very well presented and the service we received from all the staff was second to none and we could not fault any part of our stay. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for our wedding anniversary. It is right at the top of the village green. We were given a front facing room which was more like a suite than a room with huge windows looking right across the village and out across the dale. The bathroom was nearly as big! Very clean and very nicely furnished (four poster bed). The staff couldn't have been nicer (and the house dogs!) and welcomed our dog Alf (who was allowed to stay in the room overnight and whilst we ate.

Food was very good particularly the full English breakfast. really, really recommend this glorious place we will most certainly visit again.

Room Tip: Stay in the Marrick room or another room at the front for the views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morrisNorthEngland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked the Burgoyne Hotel on a recommendation of a friend who lives locally to the hotel, We found the staff very help full, the room was very nice and evening meal excellent. For a special break I would recommend staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeth
Stone House Hotel
The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel
The King's Head Hotel
The King's Head Hotel
#4 of 8 in Richmond

Been to Burgoyne Hotel? Share your experiences!