“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We visited last Sunday for Sunday Lunch and everything was superb.
The staff are always so accommodating, they cant do enough for you, there were small children in our party and they were as welcome as everyone else. We asked for something for one of the little ones that wasn't on the menu, but this was no problem for them at all.
The food was outstanding. Starters, main course and desserts all equally as good. Roast beef was cooked to perfection!!! And the chocolate marquise - !!! Wow.
Thankyou for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lovely to have drinks in the lounge area before being invited into the dining room(most places just put you at your table on arrival). Gorgeous decoration and we were made to feel very welcome.

We were a large party, but all the orders came out correct. Nice to be able to select a 1/2 portion of roast beef and Yorkshire pud (as personally I struggle to eat a full 3 courses - but don't like to miss a course out!) Plenty of veg and plate/tureens hot. Homemade bread was a nice touch too (I chose Rye)

Only comment I would make about the food is - my personal choice is for sauce/gravy to come in a jug so that I can pour how much I want/or none at all rather than it coming already on my food (although extra was put on the table in a gravy boat if I'd wanted extra).

I'd definitely book a further visit, especially if I was celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Delicious food, outstanding service and all in a beautiful setting - exquisite in every way but without being pretentious. A wonderful way to spend a Sunday.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Have been Visiting Reeth now for 7yrs and always eat at my favourite place the Overton House but when we tried to book for Nov 3rd 2012 they where closed for holidays so the week we went we decided to give the Burgoyne a try as it does call out to you and has been recommended, I have to say that it didn't live up to my expectations and we felt there was no Atmosphere at all very strange in fact and the food and service were poor the greeting from the man who was front of house was was very welcoming but after that it flopped as you never really saw anyone once you were led to the dining room and they shut you all in and didn't return till they came to clear the plates which is when they ask you if everything was all right with the meal, well it wasn't but by then it was too late. Guess maybe they had too many complaints in the past and decided just to clear off. Still that's my opinion of the place but I would visit tor a coffee and sit in the lovely comfy snug lounge with fire and it is Dog friendly so it does have its good points. Still give it a try you may have a better experience than us.

1  Thank HoochLancashire