“Beautiful”

Girona and Costa Brava Tour from Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I did not go here with high expectations however, I was surprised at how wonderful this garden is. It sits on a stunning piece of land overlooking the Mediterranean and has been carefully laid out to present a multitude of plants from around the world. Even on a day with constant drizzle we enjoyed spending about 2 hours admiring the gardens. It is a worthwhile stop.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Given the time of year the gardens were quiet and we never saw another sole while we walked around which added to the magical quality of our visit. I loved this place. Beautiful gardens that we walked round following the written guide which gave our walk a sense of purpose and included interesting information about the family who had built the gardens. It is in such a beautiful position on cliff tops overlooking the sea. You must visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a quiet visit on a bright, sunny Early November day. Even at this time of year the garden was wonderful. Beautiful vistas of the sea and town framed by the architecture of the planting. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I'm a keen gardener so I was pretty sure I would love the gardens. (I did!). Happily my family: husband and two teenaged boys, enjoyed their stroll around these cliff top gardens also. Even at the end of summer with most blooms fading we were all enchanted with the castle grounds, beautiful paths and stunning planting. The cactus garden and views over the ocean were the highlights. Good toilet facilities but sadly no tea shop! Vending machines were on offer. Do visit, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We walked from Calella de Parafrugell along the coastal path and then at the end up the road to the entrance about an hours easy walk. Before the entrance there are fantastic views inland across the heavily wooded hills. Plenty of free parking if coming by car. Cheap entrance for pensioners, good toilet facilities at entrance also in the gardens, drinks machine only so take water with you. Paths easy to follow and plenty are good for wheelchairs and buggies. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the flowers and the fantastic views ,our favourite was the cactus garden.
The castle is not open to the public and during the summer many concerts are performed within the gardens.