“Wonderful!”
Review of Sandsend Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandsend
Sandsend Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Sandsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at The Porthole, could not fault anything, absolutely perfect :-) Great in the morning having a leisurely breakfast with such a fantastic view. The Porthole is a credit to you, Helen and Malcolm - do not change a thing!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have a real dilemma writing this revue , do I say how magical the place is , how fab the view is , how accommodating the hosts are , how stunning the view is , how utterly lovely the breakfast was ? , but if I do you will all want to go & I won't be able to book it again !!!!
Utterly outstanding but please don't go give me chance to book it again ;)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Porthole is a truly magical place, welcoming, spacious, homely - everything and I mean EVERYTHING is so well considered by the owners. There passion for creating something amazing shines through and I don't think we'll ever visit somewhere so PERFECT, I would not change a single thing. The word 'Perfect' is often used too often, but The Porthole is truly amazing and Perfect doesn't actually do it justice. It would take too long to list everything, all the little details, the view, the location, the little salt server.....trust me and the other reviewers - don't waste your time looking elsewhere - BOOK NOW. We will definitely be back and hope to meet the wonderful couple who created, and is kind enough to share The Porthole. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed in many holiday lets in the Whitby area over a number of years and this is by far the best. The views are phenomenal. There is a tremendous sense of space and light in this comfortable property.Though the owners live close by, there was a real sense of privacy. Everything was just right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bella B
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Why would anyone wish to stay anywhere else in Sandsend when The Porthole beckons?
This deceptively spacious suite has charm and comfort in shed loads.Breakfast was lovely; got quite giddy trying to decide whether to have cereals muesli fresh fruit, toast and preserves or go straight to the new laid eggs.
The coffee is super and how clever is that egg boiler?
Bedtime comfort was blissful, really appreciated the blackout curtain even though I found myself up at dawn to capture the spectacular sunrise over the sea. The view from both in bed and out is one I shall often think about when feeling stressed.
Helen and Malcolm were so welcoming and discreetly available should the need arise.
Sandsend is a lovely village with great food options be it good pub food or more upmarket dining. We didn't need to use our car if we did not feel like it ; all was at hand in Sandsend.
Suffering withdrawal symptoms already!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
helenWhitby, Owner at Sandsend Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for your review. Thank you too for the wonderful photos that you have posted on Facebook The Porthole B & B site, they are truly amazing of the sunrise from the bedroom window. we do hope we will see you again

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed for only 3 nights at The Porthole, I wish that it had been for a lot longer. I can only give it my highest accolade - I felt comfortably and happily 'at home'. I loved the independence of the separate accommodation but also the advantage of having someone else provide the food for breakfast. No shopping worries, and, unlike self-catering, no pressure to cook an evening meal!
We had the makings of a really good breakfast (juice, yoghurts, cereals, milk, bread and eggs for boiling in a cute electric egg boiler), but could eat it when and how we wanted.
We had privacy and could come and go as we pleased without disturbing anyone else. Somewhere to come back to during the day as we wished to sit and read, watch the sea, drink tea, whatever. All in a spacious 5* apartment just right for two. I have recommended it to friends and family, and we certainly intend returning. Thank you Helen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you both for your comments and taking the time to review The Porthole. It was a delight to have you staying and I am so pleased that the event you were here for made so much for charity.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The BEST place by a mile to stay in Sandsend if you are looking for THE most stunning of locations, the friendliest hosts and top class accommodations. I have been exceptionally tardy in leaving this review as we visited a year ago but I am always checking availability just in case we can return.
The Porthole is a quirky B&B - it is do it yourself breakfasts - which we loved - with fresh eggs from the resident chooks, homemade jams (which were to die for....we squabbled like kids over one of the pots!), range of cereals coffees, teas...everything you could want really!
The decor and furnishings are perfectly judged and you are afforded privacy from the main house but in the knowledge if you wanted any more milk, coffee...jam(!) was just a few steps away.
The sound of the sea crashing on the beach and the ability to be able to see everything happening on the beach over the day and well into the evening (weather permitting) us great fun.
The location is very convenient for the beach at Sandsend, the pub, Estbeck House, the bus into Whitby or for just exploring the local area.
Lovely lovely lovely - the top choice for a truly special, unique and utterly romantic place to stay (for me anyway) in Sandsend

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Braves

Thank you for your review - even if it was a year ago since you visited - time goes so quickly - I hope its not another year until we see you again!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandsend
Raithwaite Estate
#3 of 4 in Sandsend
The Belfry Whitby
The Belfry Whitby
#2 of 155 in Whitby

Been to Sandsend Cottages? Share your experiences!