“What a Lovely Cafe with Good Food and Sea Views”
Review of Sandside Cafe

Sandside Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Sandsend
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Well, my wife and I were walking along the coastal path with our dog when we decided to stop for a break at the Sandside Cafe, which as you can imagine by the name is right on the beach front.

We walked to the entrance and found that dogs could not go inside, which is fine. Although dogs could not go inside there is a really good sheltered area outside where you can sit. The seating area is protected by glass so you can still see the amazing bay.

My wife went inside to look at what she wanted, on returning she said she had ordered a tea and Bakewell Tart. I went inside to look at what I wanted - well where should I start. There was a great choice of cakes and hot food. The cakes looked ver appetising; however as I was waiting a member of staff bought in some lovely sausage rolls - decision made

When the member of staff was putting my wife’s Bakewell Tart onto the tray I was amazed to see how big a slice it was - it only just fit on the plate. The member of staff who was serving was really friendly.

We sat and had our tea and food whilst looking at the waves rolling onto the beach - I think I could have sat there for ages. As my wife’s slab of Bakewell Tart was so big, I was fortunate to get half Well it has to be said it was the nicest piece of Bakewell Tart I have had.

Inside the cafe there are some seats that allow you to look out to sea whilst you eat. I also noticed that there were high chairs for children. The toilets were immaculate inside. Be aware that you need to spend over £5 if you want to pay on credit card.

In summary we will specifically travel back to this cafe to try some of the amazing looking food. I have only ever scored one other cafe as 5 on Trip Advisor; however, I am now going to give my second 5 to the Sandside Cafe. The reason is great location, great food, great service - what more can you say.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

friendly and nice little restaurant, with stunning views. we went for breakfast, and it was worth it. friendly staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Went down to the Sandsend cafe for breakfast this morning. Beautifully cooked food, thick bacon and runny friend egg, with black pudding, beans, sausage and tomato. But the best thing was the view. We sat in the covered glassed in area. It really does not get better than this!

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely cafe, right on the beach front with fantastic views. Good selection of cafe food and original fish dishes. Order from counter.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Walked from Whitby especially to visit this newly refurbished café and was surprised to see how lovely it was - a twee little log cabin with a delicious view of the sea! Sit in or out or halfway between under the glass-roofed deck but if you have dogs with you, it's outside only.

Ordered scrambled eggs on toast which were actually WITH rather than ON, which I found rather elegant and unusual - at least no soggy toast and, as the eggs were rather sloppy (I suspect water or milk had been added), it would definitely have been just that!

My other half adored his bacon and egg sandwich which was also well presented and we swilled down the lot with several cups of tea - plenty of hot water provided to top up the pot!

My only gripe was that it was rather expensive but as the portions were generous, the service quick and friendly and the surroundings charming (beautifully clean toilet too), it was something that could be overlooked.

They also - amazingly for a small establishment - take debit cards, which is real plus for us as neither of us get paid in cash (who does?) and we are, many times, excluded from certain eateries because we aren't carrying cash.

1  Thank ChrisPduck2