“Lovely coffee shop overlooking the beach.”
Review of Sandside Cafe

Sandside Cafe
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Sandsend
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location overlooking the beach at Sandsend serving snacks and piping hot coffee at very fair prices.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Quite simply, this place is perfect. Always very busy-- the reason? Location, value, service and quality-- THE BEST

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Well, my wife and I were walking along the coastal path with our dog when we decided to stop for a break at the Sandside Cafe, which as you can imagine by the name is right on the beach front.

We walked to the entrance and found that dogs could not go inside, which is fine. Although dogs could not go inside there is a really good sheltered area outside where you can sit. The seating area is protected by glass so you can still see the amazing bay.

My wife went inside to look at what she wanted, on returning she said she had ordered a tea and Bakewell Tart. I went inside to look at what I wanted - well where should I start. There was a great choice of cakes and hot food. The cakes looked ver appetising; however as I was waiting a member of staff bought in some lovely sausage rolls - decision made

When the member of staff was putting my wife’s Bakewell Tart onto the tray I was amazed to see how big a slice it was - it only just fit on the plate. The member of staff who was serving was really friendly.

We sat and had our tea and food whilst looking at the waves rolling onto the beach - I think I could have sat there for ages. As my wife’s slab of Bakewell Tart was so big, I was fortunate to get half Well it has to be said it was the nicest piece of Bakewell Tart I have had.

Inside the cafe there are some seats that allow you to look out to sea whilst you eat. I also noticed that there were high chairs for children. The toilets were immaculate inside. Be aware that you need to spend over £5 if you want to pay on credit card.

In summary we will specifically travel back to this cafe to try some of the amazing looking food. I have only ever scored one other cafe as 5 on Trip Advisor; however, I am now going to give my second 5 to the Sandside Cafe. The reason is great location, great food, great service - what more can you say.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

friendly and nice little restaurant, with stunning views. we went for breakfast, and it was worth it. friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went down to the Sandsend cafe for breakfast this morning. Beautifully cooked food, thick bacon and runny friend egg, with black pudding, beans, sausage and tomato. But the best thing was the view. We sat in the covered glassed in area. It really does not get better than this!