“Yummy food, wish we could go back for dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodlands Bistro - CLOSED

Woodlands Bistro
Price range: US$2 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We've recently changed our name, but we're still in the same beautiful location, cooking great food. Now called Bridge Cottage Bistro ... A stylish, innovative cafebar serving fantastic food prepared by chef/patron Alex Perkins using fresh, locally sourced produce with a distinctly retro feel. Set in a chocolate box cottage next to Mulgrave Woods - with an interior more Notting Hill than North Yorkshire, it is a place to switch off and relax far from the madding crowd.
UK
“Yummy food, wish we could go back for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Menu was really great - hard to choose! Staff were friendly and helpful and food was really great - just wish they could allow a small dog inside as it was a bit chilly and rushed outside. Would definitely recommend it and hope to go back again soon, maybe without the kids/dog, for dinner!

• Visited April 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Truly good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My lunchtime visit has prompted me to write my first ever review for Tripadvisor, which in a way tells you all you need to know!

If my own experience is anything to go by, you can look forward to genuinely high quality, real food that has evidently been cooked with love and care. Nowhere else in Sandsend, or indeed for a considerable radius around comes close to the quality of food on offer here; and believe me when I say I've tried them all!

I had the ham hock terrine with soused vegetables; robust, fabulous flavours! I was expecting this to be a starter, but the 'Yorkshire' portion size together with complimentary freshly baked bread ruled out anything more substantial!

As an added bonus the staff were friendly, without being intrusive & the place is hidden away from the crowds, yet with 100yds of the beach.

Unhesitatingly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
“Moody owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

It's 2 o'clock and the four of us are ready for an early drink and snack.
We we're greeted abruptly and it was made very clear that we weren't welcome. "We are full, oh no we are not, however it's a very long wait I'm afraid"... said the owner behind the counter.
Didn't know we only wanted coffees and snacks. Didn't ask.
Snobbery on the east coast... It's what happens when there's no real competition in the area. Overinflated opinion of a wooden shack near a beach. Try that nonsense in West London love...

Visited April 2014
2 Thank NRGC21
Guisborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect Woodland Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is an amazing Café with great fresh food I love it........!
The service is friendly, great cakes, good wine, pulled pork to die for.

Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best food in Sandsend, comfortable and clean feeling inside with a touch of the bohemian about it, lots of lovely outdoor seating too, staff and owner/manager were very helpful and friendly. Also a wide range of drinks and food to choose from. The only downside is it's not always open, which would be ok if there was some indication of when it would be open next - otherwise people will just go elsewhere.

Visited March 2014