US$125
US$106
All reviewsrick and lorraineb and blocal knowledgecomfortable bedsperfect stayfront of the housefull english breakfaststonehengesalisburypubshairdryer
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Lorraine and Rick clearly love their B&B! We were welcomed with a fresh cup of coffee and very warm welcome by Rick. The room we had was "Avon" and it is big, clean and very comfortable. The busy road in the front of the house seems to have disappeared when you are inside. Breakfast is cooked to personal taste and wishes. Ask Rick about what to see and do in the surrounding area and England. He has some very good tips that have lead us to some great places.

Room Tip: Ask or the Avon room, it's the biggest and the best!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We enjoyed a lot our stay in Grayling House : Rick and Lauren are very nice, available, and warm.
The room was perfect, and the breakfast too.
A lovely place to spend some time near Salisbury.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This was one of the best B and B's my friend and I stayed in as we traveled around England. Not only was the room clean and comfortable, and the breakfast excellent, Lorraine and Rick bent over backwards to make sure our stay in the area was as good as it could be! This included Rick driving us into the Cathedral himself, and giving us a map and walking route to see Stonehenge the next day (which I highly recommend!). The location was a bit inconvenient for us, as we didn't have a car, but again Rick gave us precise directions with regards to transport, and we made it just fine. I highly recommend the stop: a beautiful experience in rural England, but plenty of great food options near by as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for one night while touring the area. The location is very close to Stonehenge, making a good place to stop at the end of the day. It is near a busy road, though you couldn't tell from inside the house. The breakfast was wonderful, and Rick and Lorraine both gave us personal attention. Lorraine served us tea upon arrival which was welcomed greatly. The beds were wonderful. I fell asleep reading!
The family pets were also quite the characters!
I had a long discussion with my party about giving this place a 5 star review. I ended up having to take one away because we had to wait almost half an hour to enter the B&B. Rick was away, and Lorraine popped out to pick up medication for the cat. I completely understand that the owners cannot be home at all times. However, there was no note, nor could we reach Rick by cellphone (on an expensive long-distance call). Lorraine apologized for the inconvenience, but we were very uncertain that perhaps no one was home and almost considered looking at other places for the night. I understand that this does not happen often, and I do high recommend the place. However, it also made it impossible for me to call the stay perfect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveling-Filipa
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed at Grayling House for 2 nights and from the moment we arrived on the Friday evening we felt completely at home. Lorraine and Rick are fantastic hosts and make you feel really welcome. The rooms are lovely, comfortable beds and spacious, immacuate bathrooms.
Breakfast was great, especially when accompanied by a humourous conversation with Rick!
We would definately love to visit again and will recommend to anyone we know visiting the
area.
Thank you so much for making our anniversary weekend that little bit more special!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple