“Great Caribbean and Creole cooking” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chez Leandra
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Orient Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Caribbean and Creole cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

We never miss this place on our yearly visit to the fantastic Orient Beach. When I have their Poisson Creole or Poisson frite I am convinced that I am eating at one of the world's best restaurants. Decide for yourselves!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lavieenroz

New York, New York
“My favorite on Orient Bay Beach for almost 10 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have been coming to St. Martin since 1999, and I've been staying in Orient Bay since about 2003. Since I first discovered Chez Leandra during that first stay, her restaurant has been a must-eat on my close-to-annual trips to St. Martin. Her food is lovingly prepared (which takes time, mind you) and great quality. Memories of sitting at one of her outdoor tables, watching the activity on Orient Bay Beach while drinking a beer, having one of her lobster-and-conch salads and honey BBQ ribs with a Guavaberry colada to finish, get me through tough New York winters.

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank LYDeluxe
Greenville SC
“Rustic and Local but good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

No shirt, no shoes, No problem. I thought the food was very good. The owners daughter is in the US Marines.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Jeff B
Fremont, California
“Local Creole cuisine at Orient Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

We overheard a woman at the Orient Bay beach raving about Chez Leandra, so we decided to check it out for ourselves. There weren't many other people at the restaurant when we got there, which could've been a bad sign. It actually worked out well for us, since we got excellent service and some personal time with the owner, Leandra. We always enjoy speaking with the locals and getting their suggestions on things to see and do. She was friendly enough to take the time to give us some tips and just have a fun conversation.

We started out with drinks from the bar -- guavaberry rum punch for my companions and a virgin drink for me. Apparently the rum was a big hit.

This is a great place to get some local Creole cuisine. The menu includes so many seafood options, it was tough to decide. For an appetizer, we tried the conch fritters, which were tasty though heavily breaded, so I couldn't quite get the full flavor of the conch. My companions had the conch chowder, which they loved. They also both ordered a foot-long fish sandwich. The restaurant offers several other foot-long sandwich choices for 12 Euros each...like a pricey, French Caribbean Subway. I tried a few bites of the sandwich...so flavorful, almost wish I had ordered one of them instead of the lobster & conch wrap I got. The latter was actually pretty good...seemed like a healthier option since it had lots of green leafy stuff inside. The meat was marinated in some sort of dressing. The flavor kind of reminded me of a milder version of the dressing you get with coleslaw. Naturally, all our plates came with pommes frites (french fries).

The bill was rather hefty for lunch, but the great food, the friendly atmosphere and the beautiful Orient Bay view made it all worth it.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank Rod R
St. Petersburg, Florida
“best food on orient beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

leandra, is a wizard in the kitchen ,the food is fantastic,and you`ll feel right at home. sharon and cassy are great waitresses that will always greet you with a smile,just a great place to eat lunch everyday while your staying at orient beach.

Visited May 2011