Our favorite vacation place of all. We have been going to Esmeralda for the past ten years, usually once per year for about 10 days and occasionally twice per year. The atmosphere is quiet and friendly and the grounds are beautifully groomed. The staff is always upbeat and can't do enough for you. The rooms are always clean and the beds are made by about 10am.Esmeralda has been through a major renovation of its 18 villas in the past two years with upgrades in furniture, hot and cold water, etc.
Each of the villas has its own swimming pool. Our daily routine has been rise at about 6am, walk on the beach for about an hour just about sunrise. The air is clear, and you can watch the sun rise over St. Barths. After our walk, we do a quick swim in the ocean, then walk back to the villa and jump in the pool to get the sand and salt off. After a quick shower, we head to Astrolab, the restaurant on the resort for a continental breakfast or more if you eat a hearty breakfast and a cup of good strong French coffee. The rest of the day, you can enjoy visiting places in St. Martin or just stay and relax on the beach.
Esmeralda is a short 50 foot walk to the beach. You go down a short hill through Coco's bar and restaurant right to the beach. Coco's supplies lounge chairs and full meals but also provides service for drinks and food brought to your beach chair. The beach chairs are all free as part of the deal staying at Esmeralda. There are many more places along Orient Beach to rent chairs, but Esmeralda has the best location. There are tons of water sports like parasailing, Hobecats , Wave Runners, all up and down the beach.
Although Coco's is a great place for lunch and dinner (breakfast comes free at Astrolab if you stay at Esmeralda), some of the best restaurants we have ever enjoyed are in Grand Case, a short drive away. The Village D'Orient is a short walk also and has several outstanding restaurants. Le Piment in the Village serves the best pizza we have ever had.
We can't wait for our next trip to St. Martin and Esmeralda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp and HotelsClick so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort