room consisted of double bed , 1 small table , 2 wooden chairs and an addition wooden slat back chair.... when we requested additional furniture , a comfortable chair or 2 for reading , we were rudely told that this was all the furniture any of the rooms had... finally sent over to small wooden dining chairs where you could sit straight and stare out the window of the room and see the ugly completely unwelcoming pool and lounge chairs, plastic with no pads or towels to make them comfortable for poolside relaxing. Because of the wind ,no umbrellas were provided and for that matter there was nothing to provide shade from the sun at all.beach towels were not left in the room but were obtained by walking to the reception area , where you had to turn in your 2 beach towels from the prior day in order to receive 2 beach towels for the current. bathroom, while clean only had 2 bath towels , 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths... naturally there was no turn down service in the evening so one had to make due with damp bath towels the next morning.
i booked this hotel because it offered a beach front room .... no such thing... what we were given was an ocean view room where the bushes were so high that one could not see the ocean at all.
the hotel is on the windward side of saint martin , so the constant wind made the ocean rough and unwelcoming and the beach unbearable because beach umbrellas would topple over.
we stayed for 2 of the 6 nights we had reserved and moved to a much more comfortable hotel on the other side of the island, with a beautiful beach and upgraded 1 bedroom suite and all the beauty and generosity one would expect from a first rate hotel and speaking of rates, the esmeralda was approximately $100.00 less than the rate of the new hotel ..... what a rip off !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort